• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double Action #2 Cover
3 3

41 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2023 at 3:43 PM, NJComicGuy said:

I realize this is only a cover, but I was still hoping for a grade. I didn't realize a "cover only" will only be authenticated, but remain ungraded. Bummer.

Is there no option for this cover to get graded?

CGC4310075-001_OBV.thumb.jpg.e568707f6ad343eeabd686b0a6649408.jpg

do you happen to have any additional raw pics of the interior?

thank you

On 11/28/2023 at 7:31 AM, Funnybooks said:

thank you..it makes sense that their is interior art...great to see

image.png.b28b0dd84531cacdfce918d0e46b2757.png

Aside from the interior art, it also contains this noteworthy designation. 

I had visions of frankensteining this near perfect cover with the existing interior of a DA#2, but this idea never came to fruition.

I'm also uncertain about how CGC would consider this if it were to happen.

On 11/19/2023 at 4:00 PM, NJComicGuy said:

The Double Action 2 cover auction is now active at ComicLink, and still quite reasonable at the current moment

image.thumb.png.c67e1c3a8aee000a8a9fb6dd299c0e65.png

ComicLink is also offering a cover-only DETECTIVE #27 in the same auction, impressively valued at $76k so far. This makes me ponder the unrealized upside potential if I held onto the DA2 for some time longer...

image.thumb.png.5619f70e161fc78441128b98f8917e67.png

What did these sell for or are they still running?

On 11/28/2023 at 6:34 PM, bc said:

Hammers tomorrow at 8:22pm eastern.

-bc

Personally, I never really grasped the purpose of bidding in an auction for something I'm interested in, except on the very last day, typically in the last hour or waiting until the final 15 minutes. Again, maybe that's just me...

On 11/28/2023 at 6:51 PM, NJComicGuy said:

Personally, I never really grasped the purpose of bidding in an auction for something I'm interested in, except on the very last day, typically in the last hour or waiting until the final 15 minutes. Again, maybe that's just me...

I've thrown in early "tracking" bids, but the action gets serious at the end of Clink auctions.

-bc

On 11/28/2023 at 4:51 PM, NJComicGuy said:

I'm guessing you've never had the thrill of being the high bidder on a book you have no realistic chance of winning.   

On 11/29/2023 at 10:54 AM, Silver Surfer said:

What do you guys search this under? I type Double Action and or Double Action Comics and nothing comes up but if I check the sold items option the previous sale shows up, what gives. 

Searching on "Double Action" works for me.

image.thumb.png.4c186edf31f4aa744a2f04e3ea837938.png

It generates the following URL for this auction listing:

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/search.asp?FocusedOnly=1&where=auctions&title=Double+Action&ItemType=CB

Edited by NJComicGuy

On 11/29/2023 at 7:47 AM, shadroch said:

I'm guessing you've never had the thrill of being the high bidder on a book you have no realistic chance of winning.   

Now that cLInk auction is over, reminder that one can by a repro of the Double Action #2 covers and inside ads for about $8 plus postage via feeBay. Then marry a coverless misc. More Fun or whatever loose GA DC parts u have to build your own DA #2 by X-mas.