• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Six Books Left; Recap on Page 6 -- Joe Sinnott’s Archie File Copies ALL BOOKS POSTED (Yeah, he inked for Archie too)
3 3

111 posts in this topic

Well, that’s all of them, representing the entirety of Joe Sinnott’s work for Archie Comics. I’ll leave this open a bit and will start a very random thread over in Mixed soon as I can. Those who want to maximize shipping can do so. If you’re done here and don’t want to wait, just let me know. Thanks everyone, and I hope you’ve enjoyed this historic retrospective and peek at how Joe Sinnott cataloged his personal copies of his published work. 

On 10/6/2023 at 9:55 AM, Readcomix said:

Betty and Me #38 Mile High gave it a Fair for some ink in the back and on the cover but the book itself is solid. One Joe sig, inking Al Hartley here. One of the more sought after Archie covers of the Bronze Age. $15

IMG_9391.jpeg

IMG_9392.jpeg

IMG_9393.jpeg

IMG_9394.jpeg

IMG_9395.jpeg

Take

On 10/6/2023 at 10:06 AM, Readcomix said:

Archie Giant Series #205 Christmas Love-in. One Joe sig, inking Al Hartley. Not sure where he bought this one, no Mile High Comics sticker on the bag. Solid VG book, with good gloss. $15

IMG_9409.jpeg

IMG_9410.jpeg

IMG_9411.jpeg

IMG_9412.jpeg

take

On 10/6/2023 at 9:57 AM, Readcomix said:

Betty and Me #41 Mile High gave it a Good, probably due to detached cf as it’s otherwise nicer looking. One Joe sig, inking Al Hartley. Betty out of the shower page. $10

IMG_9396.jpeg

IMG_9397.jpeg

IMG_9398.jpeg

IMG_9399.jpeg

:takeit:

On 10/7/2023 at 8:00 AM, KCOComics said:

Out of curiosity, will you be posting any more of his Atlas work?,

I'm keeping this thread to the Archie body of work, but I hope to obtain some more Atlas to share. I've only sold a couple thus far, and obtained a handful of keepers. I'm still working on getting more. What's been made available to me is late pre-code/early post-code Atlas war and westerns. A couple that I had at first obtained thinking I'd let go I decided to keep. Many of these Atlas books appear to be candidates to top the census if graded. Of course, many are low-population books, and some of that could be because they don't get submitted, but I think its pretty established that Atlas war books are tough to find in grade. I will get more to share with the boards though. I have not obtained very many yet.

On 10/7/2023 at 10:47 PM, Readcomix said:

I'm keeping this thread to the Archie body of work, but I hope to obtain some more Atlas to share. I've only sold a couple thus far, and obtained a handful of keepers. I'm still working on getting more. What's been made available to me is late pre-code/early post-code Atlas war and westerns. A couple that I had at first obtained thinking I'd let go I decided to keep. Many of these Atlas books appear to be candidates to top the census if graded. Of course, many are low-population books, and some of that could be because they don't get submitted, but I think its pretty established that Atlas war books are tough to find in grade. I will get more to share with the boards though. I have not obtained very many yet.

Thank you for sharing and making these available.  

When Joe passed, I really regretted never making the time to meet him.  

On 10/4/2023 at 10:24 PM, Readcomix said:

Laugh #270, another Mile High VG. This one’s cool — note on the back to Joe and his son Mark, from “DR”? Noting that one panel from page one (Joe’s story) also appears on the Letters page and is in every Archie title that month. One sig, Joe inking Al Hartley again. $15

IMG_9348.jpeg

IMG_9349.jpeg

IMG_9350.jpeg

IMG_9351.jpeg

IMG_9352.jpeg

Take

On 10/5/2023 at 11:00 PM, Readcomix said:

Archie’s TV Laugh-Out #23 one Joe sig here, inking over Stan Goldberg in this one. Mile High gave it a Good, but this time they were too generous — general wear, cf detached, cover detached at top staple. $5

IMG_9369.jpeg

IMG_9370.jpeg

IMG_9371.jpeg

IMG_9372.jpeg

Take

On 10/5/2023 at 11:24 PM, Readcomix said:

Archie Giant Series Magazine #196 — Sabrina’s Christmas Magic. GCD shows why Joe didn’t sign this one — he inked 13 stories here! All were either Al Hartley or Stan Goldberg. Nice looking copy, on the higher side of VG range. $15

IMG_9416.jpeg

IMG_9417.jpeg

IMG_9418.jpeg

IMG_9422.jpeg

On 10/6/2023 at 10:02 AM, Readcomix said:

Archie Giant Series #192 Christmas Love-in, graded VG by Mile High.more Joe sig, inking Al Hartley. $15

IMG_9404.jpeg

IMG_9405.jpeg

IMG_9406.jpeg

IMG_9407.jpeg

IMG_9408.jpeg

Take