• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with valuable comic with cover in rough condition
2 2

4 posts in this topic

I have a original journey into mystery #83 that has a bad cover because pieces are missing. Is it worth B1A6E736-AAFF-4760-A97B-135264342DE5.thumb.jpeg.1657f6f0a205f30a33ae21f6f29d2218.jpeggrading? And how much is fair market value considered to be on something like that the in side is good.

Please post some good pics, including that of the back cover, and disclose any hidden defects.

Do it here -

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

And we'll give you a grade estimate.

Probably any JIM 83 is worth slabbing if you're into that sort of thing.

Edited by grendelbo

Just looking quickly at your pic and the defects I can see, the book will be in the FR 1.0 - FR/GD 1.5 unless the pages are brittle, there are pages missing, ads cut out that affect the story, etc. then the book would be a PR 0.5.

However, being a JIM 83, in a recent eBay auction a JIM 83, CGC FR/GD 1.5 sold for $2325.00, my "assumption" would be, in a worse case scenario, the book being incomplete and grading at a PR 0.5 would still bring $700.00 - $1000.00.