• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Minimize expense of return shipping
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I am a longtime collector cvurrently sorting through my old collection and sending in select books for grading.  Recently, I sent in 20 books of varying tiers.  I have received 3 shipments back from three separate tiers with a total of 7 books.  The remaining 13 books haven't been returned yet.  The 7 books could have been shipped together at lower cost to me than what I was charged to ship them in three separate packages.  Since I'm not selling any books currently, I would prefer to save money.  Can I ask that all my books from different tiers be held until the entire group is ready to be shipped back? 

• Administrator

Hello @dvet83

Thank you for reaching out to us and for providing your feedback. In our efforts to keep cost and turnaround times as low as possible, we cannot accommodate combined shipping for different service tiers. Offering combined shipment would, in most cases, require storage as separate services are often completed at different times. While the storage of a single submission or two seems like a moderate request, when this type of request is multiplied across multiple service submissions for thousands of customers, the additional resources and space that would be required would result in processing delays and the reallocation of vital resources. 

While we cannot currently offer combined shipping, I am happy to share your concerns and feedback with our management team. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.