• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mini Undersized DVD Insert Comics
2 2

43 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2023 at 10:13 AM, CBT said:

Cool topic.  ComicsPriceGuide used to claim there was a Battlestar Galactica one from Futureshop, falling under the 2006 Dynamite series.  I tried for 10 years plus to find one, and eventually they removed the listing from their guide.  As best as I could determine, it never actually existed.  But, it still haunts/bothers me xD .

On 12/24/2023 at 12:10 PM, KolmarAvenue said:

Thanks! I've always been interested in obscure and off the wall comics. I'll keep my eyes out for Battlestar. There's quite a few that are International and were never distributed in the states. The Battlestar Galactica may be one of those.

This rings a bell for me, and I may have a copy of this somewhere... My personal database shows a Battlestar Galactica: Origins "Special Edition", which I note as an "ashcan". I did purchase the Battlestar Galactica Boxed Blu-Ray sets from Future Shop in Canada.

I don't actually know where it is at the moment, but I will keep an eye out for it.

On 12/24/2023 at 12:10 PM, KolmarAvenue said:

Thanks! I've always been interested in obscure and off the wall comics. I'll keep my eyes out for Battlestar. There's quite a few that are International and were never distributed in the states. The Battlestar Galactica may be one of those. Off the top of my head besides the Hellboy Die Hex Troll there's Inception, Green Hornet, Star Trek, 30 Days of Night and several more from the UK, Germany, Australia, etc... Since the shipping runs so high I've held off on these since they'd be at least $30 delivered!

I believe I may have several you are looking for. I'm in the process of downsizing my collection and looking to sell:

PUNISHER: COUNTDOWN (2004) (ONE-SHOT) # 1 (DVD PROMO MINI COMIC)

PUNISHER: FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE (2004) (ONE-SHOT) # 1 (DVD PROMO MINI COMIC)

SPIDER-MAN 3: THE BLACK (2007) (ONE-SHOT) # 1 (DVD INSERT MINI COMIC)

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR (2004) (1-60) # 12 (VARIANT – DVD PROMO MINI-COMIC)

X-MEN GIANT-SIZE (VOL.1) (1975) (1-4) # 1 (VARIANT – DVD PROMO MINI COMIC)

X-MEN: XAVIER, MAGNETO & STAN (2006) (ONE-SHOT) # 1 (DVD MINI-COMIC)

FANTASTIC FOUR/SILVER SURFER (2007) (ONE-SHOT) # 0 (2K GAMES PROMO MINI COMIC)

IRON MAN: VIDEO GAME (2008) (ONE-SHOT) # 1 (SEGA MINI PROMO)

Another one I just dug out - Shazam - Superhero Hooky - from an unknown release of the original movie ; this is presented as a digital motioncomic on most versions - but had a physical comic release in at least one - possibly a UK exclusive 

shazam - Superhero Hooky.jpg