• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic selling newbie - Help??
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently received a few hundred or so old comics from a relative, with the intention of selling them for him, but I'm very much at a loss as to what will sell, and what will not. I think there's a few valuable ones, from looking at ebay sellers, as they are first issues, but I have no idea as to how to identify, grade and sell them?

I have a high number of "Fantastic", "The Mighty Thor", "Doctor Strange Master of the Mystic Arts", "Captain America and Falcon", "The Invincible Iron Man", "The Titans", "X-Men", and a number of assorted 1st issue Atlas Comics such as "The Phoenix", "The Cougar" and "Son of Dracula" (and more) if that helps any.

I'd really appreciate some help with all this, he's hoping that some of it is at least worth something, considering he's kept them, (and most in pretty good condition) from the 70's.

I hope someone can help a newbie out! Thank you!

20231014_175143.jpg

As already stated in your other thread, you need a complete list of what books you have before you can attempt to sell.

My advice would be to compile a list of titles and issue #'s and post it here, then we can tell you if any have any books of real value, once that is determined then we can help you with grading and value of those books.

Once you have an idea of value and grade you can then list the books for sale, either on this site, Facebook Comic Book Buy/Sell/Trade groups (I belong to 6 comic book groups, only two of these allow sales), Facebook Marketplace (which I usually recommend as local pickup only and meet at a public place such as the Police Station),etc.

Here is an example of a compiled list of just titles/numbers for my Son's books, something like this would be a good start.

5-Lot Page 1.jpg

Nothing in that picture is of high value, and the condition doesn't appear to be anything exceptional.  The top books from that era would be Spiderman 121-122, 129, Iron Man 54 and 55, Nova 1, and Defenders 1 and 10.  Your books are pence copies, sold in the UK, and they are less desirable to most American collectors. 

Edited by shadroch

On 10/16/2023 at 12:09 PM, shadroch said:

Nothing of high value, condition doesn't appear to be anything exceptional and they are less desirable to most collectors. 

This is exactly how I'm building my collection.

I've been thinking of looking into pence copies for some of the higher valued books that I'd like down the road.

On 10/14/2023 at 11:52 AM, honeyisazombie said:

I hope someone can help a newbie out! Thank you!

mycomicshop.com and these boards have been tremendous resources for me.