• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kirby Fin Fang Foom page from ST #89 at ComicConnect

9 posts in this topic

If you want a great Kirby monster page this one would be hard to beat! 

I like the fact Mr Foom is modest. He didn’t want to tear $#|+ up all naked, so he stole some circus tents and fashioned em into some smart looking Dinoshorts.

IMG_9226.thumb.jpeg.d191ee268481025ca7da413b392791dc.jpeg

Move over Lululemon Mr Foom’s Dinoshorts are taking the city by storm!

; )

Edited by gumbydarnit

On 10/21/2023 at 4:54 AM, grapeape said:

It's nice at an 8.0 but I'll hold out for a 9.4. 😊 

Ha, ha, ha!  Since when did they start grading OA?  I always thought a general condition report should suffice, instead of going the route of slab mentality!

On 10/21/2023 at 2:01 PM, gumbydarnit said:

If you want a great Kirby monster page this one would be hard to beat! 

I like the fact Mr Foom is modest. He didn’t want to tear $#|+ up all naked, so he stole some circus tents and fashioned em into some smart looking Dinoshorts.

IMG_9226.thumb.jpeg.d191ee268481025ca7da413b392791dc.jpeg

Move over Lululemon Mr Foom’s Dinoshorts are taking the city by storm!

; )

He goes to the same menswear as The Hulk and The Thing . . . 

On 10/21/2023 at 6:19 PM, The Voord said:

Ha, ha, ha!  Since when did they start grading OA?  I always thought a general condition report should suffice, instead of going the route of slab mentality!

I haven't looked at comic connect's listings in a long time but I recall them just giving a few rudimentary grades, which is the same thing HA does.

The only difference is that HA's oa condition is words rather than numbers, which makes more sense for something like art.    It conveys the condition without getting overly specific.

Edited by Bronty

in HA's art grading nomenclature, excellent > very good > good.

As examples, HA graded:

- Secret Wars 8 page 25 'excellent' (more or less new looking, perhaps some very minor overall wear - in this case some very light toning)

- the What if #11 cover  'very good' (some typical wear and/or minor damage)

- Prince Valiant 214 strip 'good'. (more significant wear or damage.   In this case, multiple tears/pinholes and other issues).

Edited by Bronty

I typed the words 'image size' into comic connect to get a filter on art that left out comics.    I got 700+ hits.

Of the first 100 hits, 98 were graded 8.0 and 2 were graded 6.0.

It seems 8.0 is their default grade for art and 6.0 is how they let you know its had some damage to take notice of.

Edited by Bronty