• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slabbed/Raw Romance, JIM: CLOSED
3 3

7 posts in this topic

Recently acquired Romance books up for grabs here.

The Rules …

• No one on the naughty lists.
  • :news: Please note the CHANGES for Payment: PayPal up to $500.00; cheque for anything above $500.00 (book ships when cheque clears); in Canada, e-transfer for the CDN equivalent on any of the books is preferred.
  • Shipping via Canada Post within Canada is $15.00; Shipping to the US via Canada Post is $25.00.
  • International OK, but shipping cost will be need to be determined based on where you live.
  • Please ask for more pics if you need to. No returns on the slabs. The raw can be returned within two weeks of receiving.
  • The first :takeit: (or 'Take') in the thread which identifies the book(s), either through a quoted pic, or name of the book(s), claims the book(s) and trumps ANY negotiations via PM. I’ll mark books SOLD as soon as I can after a PM negotiation, but if another Boardie beats me to it, then he/she is the winner.
  • Please provide payment within 2 days of receiving my PM with the invoice.

My Kudos https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/377554-buscemas-avengers-kudosfeedback-thread/

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

Love Romances 100 (1962), 7.0-7.5 that would benefit from a press (highest on the census are two 8.5s; only 9 on the census); book is complete and the PQ is likely CR/OW; Kirby/Colletta goodness throughout; a slabbed 8.5 sold for about $384.00 before BP on Heritage in July of 2022, while a raw 5.0 sold for $200.00 in May of this year. $250.00.

LR100F.jpg

LR100B.jpg

Love Romances 102 (1962), CGC 6.5, CR/OW; tough to price this Kirby/Colletta/Heck beauty, as there is little data; tied for 2nd on the census (the highest being a 7.0, only 4 on the census); thought it had a good shot to be the highest; there are 2 small plastic chips from the case that can be seen in the pic; grader notes: light cover tanning; very light wear to cover; very small tear left bottom of spine; very small, multiple tear with crease left center of back cover; $280.00

LR102F.jpg

LR102B.jpg

PlasticChips.jpg

Love Adventures 3 (1951), CGC 8.5, CR/OW; 2nd highest on the census (the highest being a 9.0, only 4 on the census); early Buscema art in the story ‘Flight to Love’; a 7.0 sold on Heritage in Jan. of 2018 for about $270.00 before BP; grader notes: light spine stress lines to cover; very small chip out left top of spine; very small, multiple staple tear; also hard to price because there is little data; $570.00

LA3F.jpg

LA3B.jpg

Last book for this short thread: My Story 5 (1949), CGC 7.0, OW/W; tied for 4th highest on the census; Kamen and Feldstein art; an 8.5 sold on Heritage in Feb. of 2018 for about $720.00 before BP, while a 6.0 sold for about $390.00 (before BP) in Jan. of this year; grader notes: erasure mark center of front cover; multiple staple rusted; small, light stain top of whole book; $620.00

MS5F.jpg

MS5B.jpg