• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's SAMARITAN 2 starring Sylvester Stallone (TBD)

5 posts in this topic

Amazon MGM Studios is going back for superhero seconds.

The streamer is developing a sequel to Samaritan, its 2022 action movie starring Sylvester Stallone, and has hired Bragi F. Schut to pen the script. Schut also wrote the first movie.

Stallone is returning as producer, as is his Balboa Productions partner Braden Aftergood. Stallone is also reprising his starring role with a deal made prior to the actors strike.

Samaritan, directed by Julius Avery, told of a young boy who is saved from a beating by a sanitation worker. The boy comes to believe that the older man is a superhero who disappeared 20 years earlier, after an epic battle with his archenemies. The movie, which premiered exclusively on Prime Video on Aug. 26, 2022, in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide, overperformed for the company and was the No. 1 film on the service for three consecutive weeks, according to Amazon.

I didn't mind it - I thought it was a good standalone superhero movie, and Stallone was pretty alright in it. I'd watch a second one - not sure if I feel the need for a Samaritan Cinematic Universe.

The first one was...not good.  The big twist was both dumb and obvious from a mile away. 

I will watch it though because I will watch most anything science fiction related.