• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Invoicing System from Online Comic Shops
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Firstly can I say this is not a rant. It's a frustrating question which I feel needs answers.

As a comic buyer and collector living in the the EU I have found that numerous US (and Canadian) online comic shops  (some big names included) do not have an established Invoicing System. A fundamental requirement, is it not? 

Many sellers send me either shipping docs or confirmation of order emails as their formal Invoices which, are not acceptable to the Customs Office for importation processing. One has said its the Spotify payment system which, doesn't have an invoice facility ?  I"m not sure on that one as, a company can surely generate its own specific Invoice if needed.

In some cases I have even had to send a sample invoice for a seller to replicate ? Either that or, being given no option but to adapt a shipping document and hope for the best.

A formal invoice is a key requirement for importation of comics purchased by foreign buyers. The Customs Office will demand this as proof of purchase and Value. So. why do so many US/Canadian sellers not have this nailed down and established in their business model ?

On 10/26/2023 at 12:05 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I assume you mean Shopify, not Spotify?

Well,  I have heard that some online websites will play some music while you wait for checkout.  

I'm putting in the Static X musical theme while you wait,  after a few tunes you won't care what the books cost.