• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S flying under the radar?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

I don't know about under the radar. My son has been talking about advance tickets for at least a month and went scrambling off half an hour ago to catch a 5:00 show. The Friday and Saturday shows were already close to sold out by the middle of last week.

In Hollywood they took an old school, classic Hollywood Cantina on Sunset Blvd and converted it to a promo for this flick. It's been there a while now from what I understand. 

I'm assuming it's some sort of game like the Pokemon Go fad a few years ago people seem to be holding their cell phone up at the building. 

I just grabbed this shot from IG.

It's absolutely INSANE how much these studios spend on their marketing. They do this sort of stuff all the time, renting out business and shutting them down to do their own events, so they need to pay for the closure of the business AS WELL as all of the marketing work like redesigning the building. 

They're in another world down there. 

Considering how much they've spent on this thing it doesn't seem to be too popular.

They did the same for "Rise Of The Pink Ladies' earlier this year (The Grease Prequel - I did hear about that show). They literally 'took over' a diner, redecorated the entire thing top to bottom, inside and out (quite literally looked like a different place) and then they cancelled the show. lol

Wonder how much they were out just for that marketing campaign at the Diner that took about 5 days to do?

I'd guess $500K+ was thrown away from nothing on that one event. 

Imagine being able to throw away that much money and not care?

FreddyFazbear.png.9df2735a521d756db1f6e91385ddf7e5.png

Edited by VintageComics

On 10/26/2023 at 10:07 AM, Axelrod said:

Projected to open $50+ million this weekend.  So, not exactly under the radar.  

I meant under the CGC Boards radar. Son downloaded the game @9 years ago to play on my Iphone. He's at the premiere tonight. 

High school radar is probably all lit up

We watched it this weekend and it was enjoyable.  Nothing ground breaking but it was creepy without being over the top.  Cool Halloween flick.

On 10/27/2023 at 12:26 PM, conan09279 said:

I saw it last night with my daughter.  I know nothing about the game but enjoyed it.  Much better than the new Exorcist debacle. 

A friend of mine is a nanny for the family of the creator of that movie. 

She didn't like it and from what I've heard it hasn't been well received during previews either. 

Shame, since the guy is a rising mogul in Hollywood with an incredibly unique way of paying the talent. 

Instead of paying huge sums of money to the talent, everyone gets a percentage of the profits post production, keeping the budget extremely small but netting the same profits. Smart cookie.

He's made a LOT of very successful films and is responsible for the Purge series, The Invisible Man remake and many others. 

I particularly liked the Invisible Man. I thought it was brilliant. 

On 10/31/2023 at 1:49 AM, VintageComics said:

A friend of mine is a nanny for the family of the creator of that movie. 

She didn't like it and from what I've heard it hasn't been well received during previews either. 

Shame, since the guy is a rising mogul in Hollywood with an incredibly unique way of paying the talent. 

Instead of paying huge sums of money to the talent, everyone gets a percentage of the profits post production, keeping the budget extremely small but netting the same profits. Smart cookie.

He's made a LOT of very successful films and is responsible for the Purge series, The Invisible Man remake and many others. 

I particularly liked the Invisible Man. I thought it was brilliant. 

I'm going to watch "Invisible Man" very soon.  I forgot about this one somehow.  

Edited by musicmeta

On 11/3/2023 at 5:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

That was actually good. Though I had a feeling who the killer was in the end. Still, a good story with some interesting twists.

With that $20M budget, $152M is a clear box office win. So I expect more.

I 100% agree.  A simple, but enjoyable movie with a $20 Million price tag sure seems to make sense in today's climate.  I can't imagine running a movie theater is a success is a $152 million flick but thankfully that is not where I've invested.