• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THOR 5 starring Chris Hemsworth (2026)
2 2

36 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2023 at 12:31 PM, media_junkie said:

That is where I stopped watching Thor: Love and Blunder.  Just said "Nope" and turned it off.

This image helped me decide to not even start Thor: Shove it Under. No Marvel comic I've seen up to the Copper Age (when I stopped reading anything new) did I feel it was the creative staff's intent that I see Thor as a joke.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:05 PM, MR SigS said:

This image helped me decide to not even start Thor: Shove it Under. No Marvel comic I've seen up to the Copper Age (when I stopped reading anything new) did I feel it was the creative staff's intent that I see Thor as a joke.

You have to wonder why Disney, who has more market research and investigative power at their disposal than 99% of all the entertainment companies in the world, would put out a movie about "good vs evil", because let's face it that is what every movie is about, but completely emasculate and psychologically disarm the single most powerful being in the movie, a DEITY no less who is most capable of saving the world from all that evil. 

You CAN empower men to be more sensitive without emasculating them. It happens in my family every day. I don't think you can empower them by emasculating them and taking away their manhood. You never have to emasculate or demean anyone to make a point but the new way says it's not only acceptable, it's THE PREFERRED WAY. 

Would this make me want to fight off dinosaurs to defend my family from them? doh!

This movie would be better served if it were sold as a parody, but instead it's being projected as "real life".

Seriously. lol

Asgard.png.0ad9eb67bdb70dffcab4f206145fdcc9.png

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/28/2023 at 11:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

Way to win friends and influence people

This is the category of he may of thought this, but no way he actually said it.    Unless, he's happy to burn down some mighty bridges.   He's a clumsy director (sometimes), but he isn't a fool.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:13 PM, Microchip said:

This is the category of he may of thought this, but no way he actually said it.    Unless, he's happy to burn down some mighty bridges.   He's a clumsy director (sometimes), but he isn't a fool.

It is Variety reporting it. So you would hope they confirmed all the details.

Taika Waititi ‘Had No Interest’ in Directing a Marvel Movie, Took ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Because He Was ‘Poor’ and It Was ‘A Great Opportunity to Feed’ His Kids

Taika Waititi revealed on a new episode of the “SmartLess” podcast that he had no interest in joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a director. The filmmaker has directed two MCU movies: 2017’s “Thor: Ragnarok,” which is widely considered one of the best Marvel movies, and 2022’s “Thor: Love and Thunder,” which is one of the franchise’s most polarizing. The Oscar winner said he originally accepted the “Ragnarok” gig for money, as he had just had his second child.

“You know what? I had no interest in doing one of those films,” Waititi said. “It wasn’t on my plan for my career as an auteur. But I was poor and I’d just had a second child, and I thought, ‘You know what, this would be a great opportunity to feed these children.'”

“And ‘Thor,’ let’s face it — it was probably the least popular franchise,” he continued. “I never read ‘Thor’ comics as a kid. That was the comic I’d pick up and be like ‘Ugh.’ And then I did some research on it, and I read one ‘Thor’ comic or 18 pages, or however long they are. I was still baffled by this character.”

When asked if Marvel executives were scared to bring him in, Waititi answered: “I think there was no place left for them to go with that. I thought, ‘Well, they’ve called me in, this is really the bottom of the barrel.”

"SmartLess" with Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, & Will Arnett - Taika Waititi

Now it reads and sounds like satire. Or as if AI generated this for laughs.

:baiting:

Edited by Bosco685

On 11/29/2023 at 8:47 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Sounds like high school breakup drama after he is getting trash for the last Thor movie (and rightfully so).  Don’t go away mad Takia, just go away. I’m pretty sure Marvel will never call on you again to do another one of their movies. 

Who knows what the actual politics within the studio's actually is.   Taika might be tight with a few exec's, and loathed by others. (shrug) 

As a director he has to navigate the entire Disney power dynamic's as a solo player.     There will be layers to this we're not privy to. 

A mate plays touch rugby with him back in NZ..  I would ask if I thought it was a quick conversation that wouldn't annoy the hell out of him lol

On 11/29/2023 at 2:15 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

Sources say that most of us work for the money.....

With a multi-million dollar director job from a multi-billion dollar studio the last thing you want to post is, "I really didn't want to work on that silly stuff - but they offered a bunch of money!"

It comes across as your heart wasn't in it to begin with, and you cared less about Marvel Studios and its productions.

On 10/29/2023 at 4:22 PM, marvelcollector said:

If they're smart, they'll just pretend the last movie didn't happen, along with several other of the last attempts in the MCU.

I'm guessing Thor's "daughter" will end up on the New Avengers - should that project come to fruition. They've been plugging in younger heroes here and there, I assume there's a plan to have some sort of young team.

On 5/26/2024 at 10:17 AM, Bosco685 said:

So they have no story.  And no director.  But they are already planning when to start filming.  

And that, in a nutshell, is why so many movies suck.  

They should have had a story written already. Why do they take so long to get a movie like this going unless it’s because the stink of the last one still lingers. Just don’t hire another bozo director like the last one.