• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price on restored book??
1 1

8 posts in this topic

The boards are not really the place to get price checks, so I'll just say what everyone else might comment; use Ebay Sold if you want a free resource, or pay for a GPA subscription.

Also we can't provide a good price estimate anyways because we need more information; what level of restoration is it? What is the PQ (mainly only impacts price if it is Brittle or Slightly Brittle) 

CGC gives restored books letter grades A, B, and C and numbers. Without that information, you'll get nothing but wild eyed guess. Is the trimmed?   With the information on the label for all to see, you can get better opinions.

No trimming at all.

Color touch

Tear seals to cover

Cover reinforcement

Cover was cleaned.

It was b-2 restoration 

It looks very nice to have had the work it did. I had a purple copy previously it wasn't as high of grade as this one and it was signed by Stan. so another one wouldn't bother me in the slightest just don't wanna give too much. Any help would be much appreciated.

On 10/28/2023 at 4:49 PM, scarlet_speedster said:

No trimming at all.

Color touch

Tear seals to cover

Cover reinforcement

Cover was cleaned.

It was b-2 restoration 

It looks very nice to have had the work it did. I had a purple copy previously it wasn't as high of grade as this one and it was signed by Stan. so another one wouldn't bother me in the slightest just don't wanna give too much. Any help would be much appreciated.

That is tough, but for sure nowhere near the high it was selling for last year. No real decent sales data for untrimmed restored copies this year, and not many B1 sales listed either so exact data is out of the question.

I'll keep it to examples where both a restored and unrestored copy were sold this year only:

A C1 2.5 sold this year for $720 (while the Universal equivalent sold for $1025), and a 3.5 C1 (Staples Replaced ONLY) sold for $840 (and for comparison a Universal 3.5 sold last month for $2175..this shows the restored selling for only 39% of the value)

On the trimmed side a 4.5 C1 sold for $1080, while the same universal grade sold for $2200 (and a Universal UK variant sold for $1795 this month)

A Universal 5.0 last sold this September for $3400, and the most recent B1 sale was a trimmed 5.0 in April for $2000 (58% difference in value compared to a Universal). I would typically say that is your floor price right there, but the 3.5 sale I mentioned above with very little restoration on it shows how wide the price difference can swing at any moment so I wouldn't be surprised it goes much lower ($1500 maybe) - so who knows! :D

Edited by Sauce Dog