• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Archie Comics #2 from the spring of 1943!

32 posts in this topic

Quick notes:

No restoration that I've found. Book has no tape, no writing, no stamps, light cream to off white pages. Single staple book that's attached via the cover and centerfold. White interior covers.

Scans:

archie02_01_small.jpg

archie02_02_small.jpg

Yes it was, but grading is subjective and you have to realise that the seller ended the auction early to sell the book to Shield for under a grand. That leads me to believe that the seller, besides grading conservatively, believes that all books sell for guide.Had he let that book ride, with a better scan, it could have gone for a couple of grand at least even if it was just a vg+. Any better grade that might be extracted from CGC would be frosting on the cake for Shield. I never considered contacting the seller to buy it outright because I assumed he knew what he had and would let it ride. My mistake and Shields gain, an impressive score on Shields part in this day and age where good scores are becoming harder to come by.The only way to settle the grading issue on this book is to send it to CGC.

? Look, thanks for mentioning that I did email the guy after the listing was up for about an hour and didn't have any bids on it. He took a couple of days to decide whether or not to sell it to me outright, and it was a nice pickup for me.

There is no grading debate here; the general consensus is the book is a fine 6.0. I also grade the book a 6.0. I'm not going to worry about sending the book to CGC until if/when I decide to sell it. Otherwise, it'll be in collection indefinately.

cloud9.gif