• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EXCLUSIVE PRESS COPY STAR WARS GALACTIC STARCRUISER HALCYON LEGACY MARVEL 1
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I’m looking to sell this comic, where would be the best place to do that— eBay? Mercari? 
I received this comic on the maiden voyage of the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser on 3.1.2022. I put in a sleeve  but have done nothing else with it. It’s in great condition no tears etc. some guy just posted one for sale on Mercari for over $600 which seems really high and mine looks to be in better condition. Obviously I know very little about comics and looking for tips on what to do with it if anything.

Thanks for your time and input.

Elizabeth

IMG_0199.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

Unless I am missing something, I don't think the Mercari listing has any relation to true market value.  They have them at mycomicshop.com for $4...probably in brand new condition:

Star Wars the Halcyon Legacy (2022 Marvel) comic books (mycomicshop.com)

Actually, I stand corrected.  The ones at Mycomicshop.com are not "exclusive press copies".  That could have an impact on the value that I'm not aware of.  Have you checked sold listings on Ebay?  Looks like one in fairly rough condition sold in auction for $190 early in October.  So you probably have something there worth submitting for press and grading.  

Edited by Nick Furious

On 10/29/2023 at 4:24 PM, Elizabeth B1 said:

I’m looking to sell this comic, where would be the best place to do that— eBay? Mercari? 
I received this comic on the maiden voyage of the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser on 3.1.2022. I put in a sleeve  but have done nothing else with it. It’s in great condition no tears etc. some guy just posted one for sale on Mercari for over $600 which seems really high and mine looks to be in better condition. Obviously I know very little about comics and looking for tips on what to do with it if anything.

Thanks for your time and input.

Elizabeth

IMG_0199.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

After reading the first reply you got I checked on ebay sold items for this comic to get you some more data points. I quickly noticed everything sold was not the exclusive variant.  Terapeak shows 2 sales in the past two years for the book on Ebay:

March 23, 2022 auction sale for $375.00 with free shipping. 13 bids.

April 6, 2022 fixed price sale for $400.00 with free shipping.

Don't know if they are real sales. But If I were you I would spend time investigating the book more before selling it.

Edited by Vintage_Paper
typos

On 10/29/2023 at 8:26 PM, Vintage_Paper said:

After reading the first reply you got I checked on ebay sold items for this comic to get you some more data points. I quickly noticed everything sold was not the exclusive variant.  Terapeak shows 2 sales in the past two years for the book on Ebay:

March 23, 2022 auction sale for $375.00 with free shipping. 13 bids.

April 6, 2022 fixed price sale for $400.00 with free shipping.

Don't know if they are real sales. But If I were you I would spend time investigating the book more before selling it.

Thanks for this information. I tried accessing Terapeak myself and it keeps telling me the server is down. Anyway, Is there any forum you’re aware of where I could possibly sell this comic as is other than eBay? Thanks!

On 11/5/2023 at 5:17 PM, Elizabeth B1 said:

Thanks for this information. I tried accessing Terapeak myself and it keeps telling me the server is down. Anyway, Is there any forum you’re aware of where I could possibly sell this comic as is other than eBay? Thanks!

If you have an ebay seller account you go to selling and then click the research tab and it gives you free access to Terapeak.

I agree with the other responder about mycomicshop.com as a possible way to sell the book on consignment for you. Send them a query asking about their interest of selling it on consignment. There's a stand up board member named Conan who works for them who is very helpful. You can try to message him on the boards here about it for his advice.

Let us know what you end up deciding what to do.

Have a great Thanksgiving.