• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know the comic buyer/seller de-mented?

22 posts in this topic

Man, this guy has a good batch of the Mile Highs in the first few issues of Whiz Comics and Captain Marvel Adventures. I wonder when he got a hold of those. I could only locate info that Chuckles sold them off, pretty much first thing, to help his purchase of the rest of the Edgar Church collection. grin.gif

i delt with him around 10 years ago... he made me a very generous offer on my collection..(which i declined)... he is more of a collector 1st when it comes to comic books, he's also fair and will not insult you on price like 97% of the other dealers do. he picked up some nice goldean ago books at the rare comic book auction in kansas a year ago.. the one where geppi bought most of the books...if when its time to sale my collection , he is the guy i'm contacting 1st

i delt with him around 10 years ago... he made me a very generous offer on my collection..(which i declined)... he is more of a collector 1st when it comes to comic books, he's also fair and will not insult you on price like 97% of the other dealers do. he picked up some nice goldean ago books at the rare comic book auction in kansas a year ago.. the one where geppi bought most of the books...if when its time to sale my collection , he is the guy i'm contacting 1st

The auction you are talking about is the 1st Henschel Auction, right?

Is he a member here? I have dealt with him in the past and I know his name is Eric Roberts. He bought some books off of me years ago.

He is Julia Roberts brother isnt he?

The name demented comes from a movie he did.

is this correct? Just curious.

The following quote should answer your question:

The big gun is Eric Roberts. Eric is the son of wall street investor George Roberts, most well known for his company KKR.

I just noticed that he was the successful bidder for the CGC 6.0 copy of All-American #19 featuring the first appearance of the GA Atom. The auction by the dentist just ended earlier today with the book going for $6,000 which is about 42% higher than condition guide. Not a bad multiple for a so-called "mid-grade" book.

I guess it must be nice to be born into a family with a ton of money

But then you miss the joy and satisfaction of succeeding through your own abilities! yeahok.gif

The knuckle-dragging reprobates in this hobby aren't interested in earning anything through their own hard work. They're only interested in going to the old folks home, cheating them out of comics with lowball offers, and then flipping them for a fast stack of cash.

But then you miss the joy and satisfaction of succeeding through your own abilities! yeahok.gif

The knuckle-dragging reprobates in this hobby aren't interested in earning anything through their own hard work. They're only interested in going to the old folks home, cheating them out of comics with lowball offers, and then flipping them for a fast stack of cash.

Damn gypsies, tramps & thieves....... 893naughty-thumb.gif