• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(EBAY) Would you trust a very popular seller who has some bad reviews
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2023 at 3:10 PM, Semicentennial said:

Or the reality is sometimes customers have an unreasonable, or unrealistic, expectation and if their demands aren't met results in a negative review for the retailer.

Conclusion: in this life you never know how it will end... and you never know who is the good? Who is the bad? And more than everything who is the ugly?

I will add my name to the list of those who have had positive transactions with this particular seller, and - like yours would be - mine was an international transaction.

And although my eBay feedback as a seller is perfect, I think that 13 negatives in 73,000 transactions is statistically pretty close to the same thing.

Cranky responses here aside, I think you should feel comfortable with this seller.

Edited by Brock

I used to purchase many excellent books (some grades were off but not often) from JS Comics over ten years.  He never uses CGC.  Sometimes, I bought bulk books without bags and boards that I had expected.

Right now, there is nothing excellent to find what he is selling.   I used to buy many SA/BA books like Batman (nearly all Neal Adams), Spideys and all other minor/major keys from him but I think he is running out of the coolest books.  I haven't bought a single book from him for four years.

I do remember that he had 98% or 99% feedback.  He did not bag and board individual book for the bulk or bundle that buyer complained about.

Allow me to add myself to the list of people who have had good transactions with this particular seller.

In general, I'm fine with a very small number of bad feedback, some people will always complain.  What would worry me more is several recent bad feedback, suggesting something has changed recently, and I'm not seeing that here.