• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

At What Age Did You Start Collecting/Reading Comic Books?

At What Age Did You Start Collecting/Reading Comic Books?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. At What Age Did You Start Collecting/Reading Comic Books?

28 posts in this topic

Hey Scrooge , if you need an issue of Strange, let me know i'll dig for you "a la bourse " hi.gifthumbsup2.gif

I need a Strange N° 1. hi.gif Great Silver Surfer cover.

ee_1_b.JPG

Back On Topic - I also read Ripley's Believe It or Not. My dad had a bunch of the compilation books when I was a kid.

hi.gif

Scrooge, where are you living ?

Are you a french collector confused.gif

27_laughing.gif Confused? I thought most every one knew. I live in Wisconsin

thumbsup2.gif

hi.gif Yeah I'd noticed but the state is big so we might be miles apart. Where's about are you? I am in South-East WI.

Hey Scrooge , if you need an issue of Strange, let me know i'll dig for you "a la bourse " hi.gifthumbsup2.gif

ee_1_b.JPG

Norinn, you'd be better off buying the reprint version. Much less expensive, Strange 1 is the "grail" of french super-hero collecting. I didn't know if you knew that there was one reprint.

hi.gif

Scrooge, where are you living ?

Are you a french collector confused.gif

27_laughing.gif Confused? I thought most every one knew. I live in Wisconsin

thumbsup2.gif

hi.gif Yeah I'd noticed but the state is big so we might be miles apart. Where's about are you? I am in South-East WI.

Madison.... so you'll have to build a portal to get to this strange and bizarre alternative reality. sorry.gif

yay.gif

ee_1_b.JPG

Norinn, you'd be better off buying the reprint version. Much less expensive, Strange 1 is the "grail" of french super-hero collecting. I didn't know if you knew that there was one reprint.

My Strange 1 was a near mint copy really glossy, i sold it for $70 in 1992 ; now you can find it in Paris for $1500 frustrated.gif i've always been good in business acclaim.gif

Really Norrin, this book is not interesting except for cover , it mesures around 6 inches high and 4 inches wide, and inner pages are horrible , keep buying comics thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I was about ten when I first started reading them. I'd go down to the local 7-11 and pick them off the spin rack. I didn't start seriously collecting (i.e. bagging and boarding) until I was 13 when I was introduced to my first comic store. cloud9.gif

ee_1_b.JPG

Back On Topic - I also read Ripley's Believe It or Not. My dad had a bunch of the compilation books when I was a kid.

Do you want it because it's French? I assume you own the original?

1021800-ss.jpg

1021800-ss.jpg.198d1e118fb950f13b9e5fa7ece25e7c.jpg