• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Strange question

6 posts in this topic

I keep a copy of the Iron Man phonebook size reprints of Tales of Suspense in my car for when I have to go to Dr. appointments and such to have reading material. I was just reading the Tales of Suspense #41 story that has Dr. Strange as the villian, I have never heard of that before. This must pre date the Strange Tales #110 by only a couple months, right? Did the villian Dr, Strange ever appear again?

Yeah, that villain Dr. Strange (and his daughter) never appeared again after Tales of Suspense #41. ... As far as I know. If anyone else knows otherwise, it would be news to me. The villain is considered to be one of the "prototypes" for the magician Dr. Strange (at least in costume design), along with other try-outs for the character in Tales of Suspense #32, Journey Into Mystery #78, and Strange Tales #79. I have a copy of TOS 41 just because of that (but I'm crazy). The villain Dr. Strange was also referenced in the Doctor Strange 1980 calendar (see January 3rd box below)

tos41.jpg

Hey, where's Mica when you need him? Clearly the villain Dr. Strange shopped at the same place as Dr. Doom -- look at those Cape Fasteners!!!!

Yeah, that villain Dr. Strange (and his daughter) never appeared again after Tales of Suspense #41. ... As far as I know. If anyone else knows otherwise, it would be news to me. The villain is considered to be one of the "prototypes" for the magician Dr. Strange (at least in costume design), along with other try-outs for the character in Tales of Suspense #32, Journey Into Mystery #78, and Strange Tales #79. I have a copy of TOS 41 just because of that (but I'm crazy). The villain Dr. Strange was also referenced in the Doctor Strange 1980 calendar (see January 3rd box below)

tos41.jpg