• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first CGC experience...
1 1

1 post in this topic

Hi folks,

Wanted to post my experience here. I've been lurking in the thread for a few months to gauge how things might go with my submissions(6 books total). I submitted 6 books for the Lucio Parrillo signature event. I purchased all my books from ebay as sets (regular version plus virgin version) which can be dicey as to what quality books you get but, I tried to stick with sets that showed the actual books being sold and had HQ pics. Everything I received looked pristine to me and the books were handled with extreme care with gloves on for examining and packaging purposes only(never read).  I purchased CGC's window bags and used those. I know others used their own method derived from another thread in the forum but, I just stuck with CGC's.  Reading all the horror stories of folks sending in what they thought were 9.8 comics or 9.8 reslabs and getting downgraded to 9.6 or lower had me nervous. To my great surprise, all of my books scored 9.8s.  I was prepared for half to score 9.8s so, I am ecstatic with what I got.  I'm hoping that the comments I read of bad experiences are just outside the norm and the vast majority work out like my first experience, and the books get graded appropriately without handling damage from CGC's staff.  At a minimum, perhaps my experience can give people hope that you can actually submit books and have a great experience.  It is possible!!! 

Total file size limited the slabs I'm posting to 5

CGC4327638-001_OBV.jpg

CGC4327638-002_OBV.jpg

CGC4327638-003_OBV.jpg

CGC4327638-004_OBV.jpg

CGC4327638-006_OBV.jpg