• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Gore Creatures 18 (early Walt Simonson)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Victimized again by finding something random I did not know existed. I hadn't seen this indexed before, but it came out a couple of years before other early WS fanzine work I found. He would have been 23/24 at the time. Drawings are dated from early 1970. Both front & back covers by Walt as well as 2 drawings inside (one is unsigned). It's a horror movie fanzine. One amusing editorial decries the death of the horror movie genre. I guess like comics people always predicting the end is near. TBF, this was mostly about Hammer Films which was coming to the end of a prolific run of movies through the 60s.

Might get this signed if WS comes back to a local show this summer.

GoreCreatures-18.jpg

GoreCreatures-18rev.jpg

PXL_20231114_024410135.jpg

PXL_20231114_024947937.jpg

PXL_20231114_025014463.jpg

Edited by scburdet

I agree @LowGradeBronze & @Mars76. I only have one comp that came back an 8.0. I think this one is lower but (shrug). The grade on these is less important. If they're attractive & signed by a creator that's something for low print/distribution publications from +5 decades ago. I'm amazed someone saved these things.