• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping kits vs. DIY
1 1

6 posts in this topic

If this has been asked and answered already then I apologize. I looked through about 10 pages on the chat board and didn't see anything. Do you have to use the CGC shipping kits to submit comics? They're currently out of stock. I've used them before and they are convenient. However, are they required?

Shipping is the biggest hassle of grading, imo. I know the shipping kits are currently out of stock, but wouldn't it make more sense if these were offered at checkout with a quick check of a box? I'd pay the extra few bucks just to save the time.

On 12/13/2023 at 8:52 AM, frontguide said:

Shipping is the biggest hassle of grading, imo. I know the shipping kits are currently out of stock, but wouldn't it make more sense if these were offered at checkout with a quick check of a box? I'd pay the extra few bucks just to save the time.

I doubt more than a tiny percentage of people use them.   I bought some when they were introduced at half price and thought that was over-priced.  Buy one and then just duplicate the contents.