• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any KISS fans..

46 posts in this topic

Any Kiss fans out there. I bought this when it first came out(I was manager of a LCS then)

We got 3 in --only me and 2 other fans--

I was lucky enough to see the 300 out of 300 on one of them so that became mine smile.gif

Still sealed since day 1..but curious if anyone has a clue to price if much over the cover price that is

scan0005kiss.jpg

Also hoping a few other KissArmy peeps out there smile.gifheadbang.gif

Any Kiss fans out there. I bought this when it first came out(I was manager of a LCS then)

We got 3 in --only me and 2 other fans--

I was lucky enough to see the 300 out of 300 on one of them so that became mine smile.gif

Still sealed since day 1..but curious if anyone has a clue to price if much over the cover price that is

scan0005kiss.jpg

Also hoping a few other KissArmy peeps out there smile.gifheadbang.gif

I like Kiss. headbang.gif

I was a big KISS fan back in the 70's and lost interest in them when Ace and Peter left. Once I heard Bruce Kulick (sp?) play, I got interested again. smile.gif

I've read Gene's books, and it's funny when he talks about asking Eddie Van Halen to replace Ace because Eddie had about had it with DLR at the time. Obviously it didn't happen, but it's funny to hear Gene's dilemma (they still had the makeup on at the time). He was thinking something like, "Besides, we were running out of ideas. If Eddie joined, what was he going to be? Giraffe boy?" 27_laughing.gif Priceless.

Hard to believe they're still not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

My bad..I forgot eric was the fox...

Anyone remember what vinnie vincent was on his brief stay..or was he studio only

I cant believe my memory is fading so much on important things to remember smile.gif

I was a big KISS fan back in the 70's and lost interest in them when Ace and Peter left. Once I heard Bruce Kulick (sp?) play, I got interested again. smile.gif

I've read Gene's books, and it's funny when he talks about asking Eddie Van Halen to replace Ace because Eddie had about had it with DLR at the time. Obviously it didn't happen, but it's funny to hear Gene's dilemma (they still had the makeup on at the time). He was thinking something like, "Besides, we were running out of ideas. If Eddie joined, what was he going to be? Giraffe boy?" 27_laughing.gif Priceless.

Hard to believe they're still not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

That's interesting about Eddie Van Halen, I hadn't heard that before. I've been a big KISS fan since the 70s as well. Not so much for the music, even though I do like some, but more for the shows and overall entertainment value of the band. I've seen them five or six times and one time stood next to Paul Stanley backstage, although I was too shy to say anything to him. Gene is often roaming around the San Diego comic con and sometimes speaks there at a panel. Regarding the comic listed above, it's probably not worth anything except to a KISS collector. Certainly it doesn't have that much appeal to the average comic collector, and the artist signature? Who cares? Still a cool book for a KISS fan. Yes, KISS and VH do deserve to be in the hall of fame, and there is no doubt in my mind that some day they both will be. I'd be first in line to see VH again if Diamond Dave ever came back for a tour, but without, I could care less. Same thing with Steve Perry and Journey.

Kiss Rocked back in the day!

They ruled the 70's...

Unfortunately they couldn't stay together in their prime...

But I guess a 10 year run isn't so bad.

Don't get me wrong, I respect Gene and Paul with their never say die attitude

but no album they made after love gun could ever touch when they did previous

to that '78 release.

To me Rock and Roll Over, Destroyer and Love Gun are cornerstones of

solid take no prisoners R-N-R!!

I love them for who they are...

The Godfathers of the Heavy Metal, Hair Band, Glam Rock scene

plus they put one of the best shows ever!!

headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

Its obscure and weird..but "THE ELDER" is one of my fav kiss albums

as for eddie being Guitar god" My vote goes for 'Joe Satriani' as the best just not as well known---Surfing with the Alien cool Silver Surfer cover