• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collection Cuts
1 1

22 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2023 at 11:49 AM, KirbyJack said:

You and i collect very similarly. Before our move, I went from 2 pallets of long boxes to this.

IMG_1190.thumb.jpeg.66e20629099a89c8d7cd567b1e80f107.jpeg

Very happy with it. We both collect along creator lines and use the “am I ever going to reread this” razor to trim down, so all I can recommend is that you raise your limit.  :bigsmile:

I think I'm going to start with this approach although I very much appreciate what others have suggested, particularly D2's idea of transitioning to omnibuses and a few key runs at some point. Right now, I easily have room for about 6500 - 7000 books and we won't be moving anytime soon. But my goal has long been to keep my collection around 5000, 6000 max. I'm at at about 5500 and my outstanding want list is not overly long but there are a couple of decent size runs left that I want and I still buy about 6-to-8 new comics a month. I have a few hundred books in my sell pile already and definitely see some additional places to cut. Its not a great time to be selling at the moment but I have some storage space and much of what I'm selling isn't going to be worth a ton anyway. Thanks again all for the advice.

I sold about 3500 back in 2021. Took a hit but it was satisfying getting rid of lots of comics that really didn't mean much to me. And with the proceeds I got a nice GSXM1 just before it took off.

So I ended up with about 5500 which is now 6000 of major title runs. 

Having just read this thread I am now wondering if I should cull again. I collect the major marvel character runs but I could easily cut that off when the first volumes stopped in 96. Other than ASM, I'm not really interested in owning them.

As someone else mentioned as well, I will sell as one and maybe take another hit but it's nice to clear the space sometimes.