• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8.0 Criteria?
4 4

25 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2023 at 5:55 PM, Funnybooks said:

this confirms or dispels the criteria lol:facepalm:

image.thumb.png.3229e16d7b226bd624969efc408b1d4c.png

Maybe they should publish a separate grading scale for golden age.  A silver age book or any newer book for that matter would likely get the green label in this condition or a much lower grade.  This book looks 5.0-5.5 if it were silver age.

Edited by Mike Murdock

I'd need a GPS to navigate that.

They had the foresight to put the grades on both sides, so you didn't have to look all the way over in one direction from specific defects.  Then didn't put the bar in red with captions at the bottom as well the top, for the same convenience.  Mr. Inconsistent made this.

Who DID make this????

I use the overstreet guide myself but have been considering gettin the CGC guide as a companion. Yikes, missing pieces from a 8.0? :fear:

On 11/30/2023 at 10:20 AM, universal soldier said:

I use the overstreet guide myself but have been considering gettin the CGC guide as a companion. Yikes, missing pieces from a 8.0? :fear:

The CGC Grading guide does contain a plethora of useful information and I highly recommend it, even if I don't always agree with some of the grading criteria. For instance, I simply can't see giving that Subby #11 an 8.0 with that large of a piece out---for me, it just doesn't seem accurate. 

But I guess sometimes you win some and sometimes...well...you know...  (shrug)

Edited by The Lions Den