• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Invincible #2 Signed.
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Please help me grade this comic book...

All spine ticks can be seen in the pics and no other issues unseen and back page pic is blurry.

I bought #1-14 all signed by Kirkman and 4 signed by Ottley and I need helping figuring out if I keep the purchase or return cuz he said all were 9.2 or higher and as we can see with #1, the most important issue, that's not the case.

So how what do you guys feel would be a fair grade on this book and if ur a signature guy how do u feel about the signatures?

Thank you for taking the time to help me figure this out, Nick

20231201_230047.jpg

20231201_230052.jpg

20231201_230057.jpg

20231201_230102.jpg

20231201_230108.jpg

20231201_230115.jpg

20231201_230131.jpg

20231201_230137.jpg

20231201_230140.jpg

20231201_230144.jpg

20231201_230149.jpg

20231201_230153.jpg

Signature's are tricky, some folks like them, some do not, as far as CGC is concerned the book would get a "Qualified Green Label" since the signatures were not witnessed by a CGC representative, if you wanted a "Universal Blue Label" the signature would be treated as a defect and graded accordingly.

As far as a grade, disregarding the signature, all I see is a moderately blunted lower left corner with color loss along with edge/spine wear in the same location, especially on the rear cover. I cannot tell from your pics if there is a bindery tear present.

IMO (and I may be harsh here), the book is a...VF/NM 9.0 to NM- 9.2

9.2 NEAR MINT- (NM-):  Back to Top
Nearly perfect with only a minor additional defect or defects that keep it from Near Mint. A limited number of minor bindery/printing defects are allowed. Cover is flat with no surface wear. Inks are bright with only the slightest dimming of reflectivity. Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted. A 1/16-1/8" bend is permitted with no color break. Small, inconspicuous, lightly penciled, stamped or inked arrival dates are acceptable as long as they are in an unobtrusive location. Slight foxing. Spine is tight and flat. Staples may show some discoloration. Almost no stress lines. Paper is off-white to cream, supple and fresh. Slight interior tears are allowed.

9.0 VERY FINE/NEAR MINT (VF/NM):  Back to Top
Nearly perfect with outstanding eye appeal. A limited number of bindery/printing defects are allowed. Cover is almost flat with almost imperceptible wear. Inks are bright with slightly diminished reflectivity. An 1/8" bend is allowed if color is not broken. Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted but no creases. Several lightly penciled, stamped or inked arrival dates are acceptable. Very minor foxing. Spine is tight and flat. Staples may show some discoloration. Only the slightest staple tears are allowed. A very minor accumulation of stress lines may be present if they are nearly imperceptible. Paper is off-white to cream and supple. Very minor interior tears may be present.