• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A comic tale: How to lose 50% of your $$$ in less than a year.

30 posts in this topic

Okay, bad analogy

sorry.gif

No, it was a good analogy, but you just should've used some multi-hundred thousand dollar exotic like a Lamborghini as an example, rather than just any car. No one needs to pay that much for a car if all they need is transportation, and yet, many people do.

Still a flawed analogy, I'm afraid...you can get plenty of additional "mileage" from a Lamborghini other than its functional use as a mode of transport. Show off your Lamborghini = date models. Show off your ASM #19 CGC 9.9 = women flee in horror. poke2.gif

If I was a woman and some guy showed me a comic he paid $12k or $24k for, I might think he was a nerd, but I'd be rubbing my hands together in anticipation of how much I could take him for. 893naughty-thumb.gif

you can get plenty of additional "mileage" from a Lamborghini other than its functional use as a mode of transport. Show off your Lamborghini = date models.

Translation: "I am hung like a small chicken."

Okay, bad analogy

sorry.gif

No, it was a good analogy, but you just should've used some multi-hundred thousand dollar exotic like a Lamborghini as an example, rather than just any car. No one needs to pay that much for a car if all they need is transportation, and yet, many people do.

Still a flawed analogy, I'm afraid...you can get plenty of additional "mileage" from a Lamborghini other than its functional use as a mode of transport. Show off your Lamborghini = date models. Show off your ASM #19 CGC 9.9 = women flee in horror. poke2.gif

If I was a woman and some guy showed me a comic he paid $12k or $24k for, I might think he was a nerd, but I'd be rubbing my hands together in anticipation of how much I could take him for. 893naughty-thumb.gif

wrong. Id steal the comic from him in the middle of the night and make it my precious! devil.gif