• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some GA and early SA books from my Wonder Woman collection. All are CGC'd Starting with #8
2 2

95 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2023 at 12:00 AM, WASM said:

Take please 

Wonder Woman #68 sold to WASM...thank  you Tom! 

I was just going to post that I had some magnets to giveaway...since you beat me to it, you get a magnet;)  I'll give you some choices when I send an invoice.

I will post a magnet picture tomorrow;)

On 12/4/2023 at 9:28 AM, skypinkblu said:

This sale will consist of  books from my Wonder Woman collection

I found out about GA comics about 24 years ago on eBay. At the time, I knew there were SA books, but had never seen any from the 40's and early 50's.  I was really fascinated at the art, paper, themes...you name it, I was hooked.

So I decided maybe I'd collect Batman...only I was getting outbid on everything...

A wise eBay friend told me that Batman with the exception of a few books was overpriced, but Wonder Woman was scarcer and "undervalued" 

My answer..."are you trying to get me to collect a GIRL's comic? and my friend said no, just look at the numbers.  He was right ...actually they are still "undervalued" next to Batman and Supes, but they are also much harder to find. 

So I got hooked. At first I was collecting just Wonder Woman...then Sensations, too. I just wanted to find A copy of each book...with pages, my only criteria...I wanted all the pages;) 

Well, it was not as easy as I thought it would be, took me over 10 years to get all of them...some were hanging by a thread;) but they had pages.  

Then I decided to upgrade. I wanted to have a complete set on the Census...maybe even the best set (little did I know how the Census worked, lol;)  but I set out to find each one in at least 4.0...Maybe be one of the few women with a top set of something. I never realized someone else could have just a few books at very high grades and be higher (my friends were mostly low grade collectors and that was who I learned from).

I found some in 4.0, quite a few higher, but some I really couldn't find at 4.0 without getting a mortgage;)  I was a little more successful with the Sensations.

I finally had them all slabbed and  put the  set on GPA...I also put the Sensations on GPA.  I have all the Sensations except for the Mystery books (because I didn't consider them Wonder Womans) but never slabbed the SA or Bronze age WW books...so it was not a complete set listed on the census. There are something like 338 books in the series...so...it would have just been way too expensive for me.

Once I got the set listed, I realized I could never have the highest set, because I'd have to compete with some really high grade stuff...but it didn't really matter, it was fun seeing them all listed:)

After a bunch of years with the complete set, I finally decided I was going to keep one of the sets (the Sensations) and break up the Wonder Womans. 

I sold the raw SA books to a nice collector who actually wanted the run...and I did speak to an auction house about selling most of the Wonder Womans on their site, but they really wanted me to list all of them and I didn't want to do that because I wanted to keep some that were sentimental to me. A few were gifts, one is the 1st Mile High  I ever saw etc ..and I was /am in no rush.

So I decided not to auction them and just break them up slowly and I will keep a few... and that I'd rather list them here first.

This sale is going to contain almost everything except a few early books, that are 4.5 or lower. 

They are also probably the scarcest of the series...that is why I was unable to upgrade them. It also means that pricing is difficult. Some have only one sale in a few years. Most of the books have under 30 copies on the census, quite a few have less than 20.

So pricing...who knows, sometimes I'm using what I paid at auction as a basis, sometimes I'm not able to find any raw books sold on eBay or Heritage to add to the GPA figures...so some of the prices are guesses.

Sorry for the long story...but I was in story mode after posting in @Hudson's wonderful story thread.

The rules

First :takeit: wins, whether here or in a PM, I'm the sold arbitrator of who wins., but tie is going to go to the person who posts in this thread.

I accept Zelle Pay, Checks, Money Orders  and Paypal. 

Payment is due within 3 days unless we have made other arrangements before you post a take it.. If you don't think you can pay in 3 days, just let me know before, because wait times at the PO are not fun later in Dec;) 

I only ship slabs some kind of priority mail, there are some new kinds now. Anything over $500 must have signature required...because otherwise I'm going to worry that something will get lost  or worse;)

I want to be able to ship anywhere, so shipping will be extra, but I charge exact shipping, no fees added. 

I usually do take returns on slabs but not this time because of the time of year because of  the issues with shipping..

There will be about 22 slabs in this sale...maybe a few more later in the  week or next week, depending on whether I have time...I'm starting with the lowest grades (mostly scarcest issues) first.

Another collector's journey! Congratulations on putting together a great run. Many forget Wonder Woman is one of DC's big three who survived the Golden Age to Silver Age uninterrupted.!

On 12/4/2023 at 10:02 AM, skypinkblu said:

Wonder Woman #80, CGC 3.5 OW/W, 1956

The Origin of the Invisible Plane

I don't believe this copy was pressed or cleaned, but I don't have any notes on this one.

There are only 26 on the Census and very few sales reported or books for sale. 
Any previous copies I've had were in very low condition.

Bin is $250

There is glare on the lower left

wonderwoman80cgcf.thumb.jpg.75fab48b48488c55bec611eca10244e5.jpg

This issue frightens me as it way to similar to the neck bomb incident in Erie PA. If you don't know about that look it up or watch the Netflix special on it. Very frightening.

On 12/3/2023 at 7:29 PM, skypinkblu said:

Wonder Woman #29, CGC 4.5 OW, 1948  Notes on cover state  tape on interior cover,  I had this slabbed, as far as I can recall and per my notes, tape was minimal and seemed to be a magic tape type near the staples. The book was not pressed or cleaned.

Ist appearance of Minister Blizzard

Bin is $450

image.thumb.png.a7d4d31e0ce7f9eb35c58a401a6d59d4.png

image.png.702618e3d1c50a70fb706f2da42cc4bf.png

Never heard of this villain.  Was he kin to  the Mr. Freeze family?!

On 12/4/2023 at 5:53 AM, plady69 said:

I thought the cover was interesting in that he was in the SA too. 

Spoiler

WW162cgc9.2.thumb.jpg.3e00cc8a23fb7393d7f75d73397c1643.jpg

On 12/4/2023 at 8:53 AM, plady69 said:

Not unless he was a long lost cousin;) He is MINISTER Blizzard, lol...not Mister;) lol. 

I however, love how people show up in the SA who were already in the GA and everyone thinks they are new...I sure did. I remember telling a friend that Aquaman had to be way before Sub Mariner;)

I will be listing more books later this week, but maybe not until Sat,  there is no light for pictures today  and the rest of the week is kind of booked up;)

Edited by skypinkblu

On 12/4/2023 at 6:23 PM, crassus said:

:takeit:many thanks, I'm a big fan of the early covers, this is the first copy of this issue I've seen, I'll cherish it....you should really post more....

Thanks, R...I will do that, just have to get through a things on my calendar first, lol

Wonder Woman #54 Sold to Crassus!