• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time Newbie grading question
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hi there, first timer here looking to grade some books in my personal collection. I was lucky enough to receive an ashcan copy of Moon Man #1 signed by Kid Cudi at NYCC. Being that it's signed when i send it to be submitted do i need to select any special distinction? Its not certified he just signed and handed out a dozen or so copies at his panel. Thank you in advance for any advice!

The good news is that you don't need to select anything special.   The not-as-good news is that from CGC's perspective, you're just submitting something with writing on it. 

In order to qualify as a CGC Signature Series book, the comic would have to be signed in the presence of a CGC representative, and CGC would need to maintain custody of the book until encapsulation.  There's one exception to this rule that allows a book to be submitted directly to CGC by the creator who signed the book.

Your book would be likely to receive a green (qualified) label with a notation indicating that a name is written on it.  Another option is that it could get a blue (universal) label, but the book would be downgraded for the writing on it.