• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Advice on My Comic Shop Consignment
3 3

53 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2023 at 8:13 AM, Happy Noodle Boy said:

I crack them all out. I want to see all of my book, not just the covers. Honest to God, if I ever win the lottery and pick up Whiz #2, I'll crack that one out too.

Well, that's why this thread exists.

On 12/7/2023 at 8:13 AM, Happy Noodle Boy said:

I crack them all out. I want to see all of my book, not just the covers. Honest to God, if I ever win the lottery and pick up Whiz #2, I'll crack that one out too.

To each his own.

I'm thinking the inside of a ratty $50 copy looks pretty much the same as the slabbed $500 copy. If you are going to crack a slab that has $40-$100 grading fees built into its value (besides the authenticity and restoration check), you might as well buy an additional crappy copy to be able to see the interior art.

And then there's all the reasonably priced reprint material out there...

On 12/7/2023 at 12:07 PM, Kramerica said:

In addition to having a picture of said book in the 6.0 slab. Regardless, I need the #15 and you should send it to me.

You know, I would, if you gave me money. It's up on MCS right now if you'd like to purchase it!

EDIT to add: Sorry, I was confusing that with another EC book I have up. MCS purchased the Haunt 15 from me already...

Edited by Happy Noodle Boy

On 12/7/2023 at 8:41 PM, Lightning55 said:

To each his own.

I'm thinking the inside of a ratty $50 copy looks pretty much the same as the slabbed $500 copy. If you are going to crack a slab that has $40-$100 grading fees built into its value (besides the authenticity and restoration check), you might as well buy an additional crappy copy to be able to see the interior art.

And then there's all the reasonably priced reprint material out there...

Now that I'm getting out of golden age I'll be enjoying EC's solely through Gemstone reprints. I never intended to sell any of these, but there were some unforeseen financial issues I needed to address and golden age is to expensive a pool for me to swim in going forward. And you know,  the "restoration check" wasn't worth much this time, was it?

On 12/8/2023 at 1:50 PM, Happy Noodle Boy said:

And you know,  the "restoration check" wasn't worth much this time, was it?

The jury is still out on that.

CGC indicated it was ok with them by giving it a Blue label. MCS said trimmed, but would take CGC's evaluation as ok if it came back Blue on a resubmission, which sounds like they are deferring to CGC's judgement, already made once.

Sounds less and less likely that there is something wrong with that book. 

On 12/8/2023 at 11:50 AM, Happy Noodle Boy said:

Now that I'm getting out of golden age I'll be enjoying EC's solely through Gemstone reprints. I never intended to sell any of these, but there were some unforeseen financial issues I needed to address and golden age is to expensive a pool for me to swim in going forward. And you know,  the "restoration check" wasn't worth much this time, was it?

I highly recommend the boxed sets if you have not yet seen them. Seeing the art in black and white was eye-opening.

On 12/8/2023 at 10:19 AM, Happy Noodle Boy said:

You know, I would, if you gave me money. It's up on MCS right now if you'd like to purchase it!

EDIT to add: Sorry, I was confusing that with another EC book I have up. MCS purchased the Haunt 15 from me already...

What EC's do you have up on MCS right now. I have a small allowance. Maybe you have something I want!

On 12/8/2023 at 11:08 PM, Kramerica said:

What EC's do you have up on MCS right now. I have a small allowance. Maybe you have something I want!

They've all sold! There is one MCS is sending out for grading--a Weird-Science Fantasy 27 that they graded at a 4.5 and which I think CGC will probably grade between a 6.0 and a 7.0. It's too nice a book to sell at a raw 4.5 grade on MCS.

On 12/11/2023 at 8:47 AM, Happy Noodle Boy said:

They've all sold! There is one MCS is sending out for grading--a Weird-Science Fantasy 27 that they graded at a 4.5 and which I think CGC will probably grade between a 6.0 and a 7.0. It's too nice a book to sell at a raw 4.5 grade on MCS.

Awesome. Congrats on the sales. They get some serious eyeballs there.