• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE ULTIMATES 2 # 9

28 posts in this topic

So have you tried to identify the International players on the last page? The ones I have heard are:

Abomination

Vanguard (the Thor knockoff)

Crimson Dynamo

Loki

The Colonel is rumored to be the Ultimate Red Skull, but he has a W on his chest, so not so sure its correct. I'm thinking he is the Red Guardian. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not sure on the other 3, who look to be Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Hawkeye knockoffs confused-smiley-013.gif

I was wondering who all the players were as well. Good call with a few you have listed. Can anyone else speculate on some of the unidentified ones?

Which one do you think is best, behind Ultimates? I will give whatever it is another shot. I WILL be picking up Ultimate Extinction is January for sure. 893applaud-thumb.gif

My list (favorite first):

Ultimates

UFF

Ultimate Galactus Trilogy (so far)

UXM

USM (started out higher, but has really dropped off)

I also enjoyed the Ultimate Marvel Team-ups, but they are really not set in the Ultimate world - although they were intended to be at the time they were released.

Ultimate War and Ultimate 6 were fun. Ultimate Daredevil/Elektra sucked.

Not sure yet on Ult. Hulk/Wolverine, but will be buying thumbsup2.gif

So have you tried to identify the International players on the last page? The ones I have heard are:

Abomination

Vanguard (the Thor knockoff)

Crimson Dynamo

Loki

The Colonel is rumored to be the Ultimate Red Skull, but he has a W on his chest, so not so sure its correct. I'm thinking he is the Red Guardian. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not sure on the other 3, who look to be Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Hawkeye knockoffs confused-smiley-013.gif

I was wondering who all the players were as well. Good call with a few you have listed. Can anyone else speculate on some of the unidentified ones?

Some are speculating that the girl-demon with the horns is Grey Gargoyle...

Which one do you think is best, behind Ultimates? I will give whatever it is another shot. I WILL be picking up Ultimate Extinction is January for sure. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ultimates

UFF

UXM

That's my order as well (I don't read USM)

Which one do you think is best, behind Ultimates?

Ultimates

UFF

UXM

Ultimate War and Ultimate 6 were fun.

Ultimate Daredevil/Elektra sucked.

I agree 100% with this post.

That's

Their lists are pretty good on the ordering. I tend to like UXM a bit more because I'm a huge Vaughan fan. The upcoming teams look very good too.

USM has really been bad lately. The one bright spot was the USM Annual. Really well written. I still get it, as I do all of the Ultimate books, in the hopes that it will get better again. Maybe when Bendis realizes that his original character-driven storylines were interesting (and why the title was originally popular/good) and the current ultimatize-a-regular-Marvel-Universe-character is lame.

Overall, I like the Ultimate books far better than their Marvel Universe counterparts.

Pat

Which one do you think is best, behind Ultimates?

Ultimates

UFF

UXM

Ultimate War and Ultimate 6 were fun.

Ultimate Daredevil/Elektra sucked.

I agree 100% with this post.

That's

Same here. I love UFF. And I do read every issue of USM as well. Yeah, it could be a lot better, but it gives a guy like me, who was not born in or before the Silver Age, to start out with Spider-Man from the beginning, and experience origins and first appearances.

Well, I'm late to the party as usual, but I had to comment.

That book [embarrassing lack of self control] rocked!!!!!!! headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

That was just ridiculously good. Easily the best Marvel book. There's really no contest.