• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED — HALF OFF WHAT’S LEFT! An Unusual Thread - Production Photocopies
2 2

139 posts in this topic

That is all of Kull #1….once I sort those x-Men pages, that will conclude this thread.

In the near future, I’ll have a separate thread of Dan’s production copies that are all OA-size, many of which are uninked pencils for reference: there’s Leonardi Superman and Dark Horse Star Wars, beautiful pages from The Ray, more JRJR and Silvestri X-Men, though some of those are copies of inked pages. Combined packing would be difficult, so I am going to do the threads separately.

On 12/9/2023 at 9:23 PM, Readcomix said:

Dr. Strange #60 Dan Green’s uninked pencils, pages 1-10 unstapled. (Dr Strange 57-60 is the classic story where Dracula tries to steal the Darkhold from the Scarlet Witch at the Avengers Mansion. Dr. Strange may be the only character in the Marvel Universe to have placed a phone call to Avengers Mansion to say in so many words I’m coming over to protect you guys. lol) $20

IMG_9958.jpeg

IMG_9959.jpeg

IMG_9960.jpeg

IMG_9961.jpeg

:takeit:just take my money. 

On 12/11/2023 at 12:05 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

:takeit:just take my money. 

^^ again! Thank you! (worship)

Dan's pencils were beautiful. He told me he tended toward inking because he was a slow penciller, but his work was beautiful. Dr. Strange was bi-monthly at the time, so I think that made it possible for him. 

I was talking to John Hebert once and Dan came up. first thing Hebert said was, "Have you ever seen his fine art? Dan was too F'in good for comics." 

On 12/11/2023 at 7:54 AM, davidpg said:

Possible to do a list of what's still available at the moment?  Thanks :)

(my bank account might not thank you ;) )

Will do, by tonight. Got to get out the door, but the thread is updated/correct now, and all the copies of uninked John Buscema Kull the Conqueror #1 (1983) pages that went up late last night are still available, from pages 4-6. Lots of other books/partials sets still available too. Will summarize later. Also, I'm still sorting some more X-Men pages, so we're not done yet.

Production Copies Still Available:

Page 1 -- The Witching #3

Page 2 -- The Ray #11, The Ray #13, Deathstroke #46, Deathstroke #47, New Titans Annual 1995

Page 3 -- VI Empire #4, five pages from Dr. Strange Into Shamballa (color), The Witching #4, Black Lightning #4

Pages 4-6 -- Most pages from Kull the Conqueror #1 (1983) are listed individually. All are Legal Size copies of uninked John Buscema pencils (a reference for the inker)

Edited by Readcomix

On 12/10/2023 at 10:58 PM, Readcomix said:

X-Men #238 full story, loose pages; Green inking Silvestri. Not sure why there was two sets in Dan’s archives. Maybe different stages of production? I haven’t compared closely for any minor differences; looks similar at a glance. $20

IMG_0026.jpeg

IMG_0027.jpeg

:takeit: