• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misaligned pages
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hello,  new to grading. I have a low-mid grade golden age Spellbound comic. The main issue is a page misalignment when stapled

my question is…is it worth having the restoration done on a comic of this value. I have no idea what this and grading would cost

Any info appropriated

IMG_0626.jpeg

If you don't want to send it off to someone to get it heat pressed and have the spine realigned, you could do your own makeshift fix for it. But it will take some time.

Get a few clothespins/binder clips, forcefully align the comic, and then squash the spine with something heavy, with the clips outside of the clamped area. Let it sit for weeks on a shelf or something.

Edited by stormflora

On 12/11/2023 at 11:36 AM, stormflora said:

If you don't want to send it off to someone to get it heat pressed and have the spine realigned, you could do your own makeshift fix for it. But it will take some time.

Get a few clothespins/binder clips, forcefully align the comic, and then squash the spine with something heavy, with the clips outside of the clamped area. Let it sit for weeks on a shelf or something.

Since it is a Golden Age comic and is most likely dry and brittle, consider using a steamer on it for a while first, to moisten it. But if it is some cheap comic that you don't care too much about, then no worries.

:jawdrop: