• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived Comics from 1960's, 1970's and 1980's
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Hello All.  I'm new to this forum and have been collecting comics since the early 80's and have been carrying them with me throughout my adulthood.  I exploring trading some them but wanted to get your general input if these collections are somewhat valuable or interesting to the collector's community.  I protected my collection in plastic covers.  Only a few (e.g., 3-4) show signs of the stapled binders loosening.  

I look forward to your feedback

Group 1: DC Comics
The New Teen Titans Issue 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
The Human Target, Issue 1

Group 2: Marvel Comics Giant-Size
Captain America, Issue (1975)
Power Man, Issue 1 (1975)
Fantastic Four, Issue 2
Conan The Barbarian, Issue 1
Defenders, Issue 1 & 2
Spider-Man and Dracula, Issue 1
Master of Kung Fu, Issue 1

Group 2: Marvel Comics King-Size Annual
Thing, Issue 1 (1976)
Conan The Barbarian, Issue 2 (1976)
Luke Cage Power Man, Issue 1 (1976)
Daredevil, Issue 1 and 2
Sub-Mariner, Issue 1

Group 4: Marvel Comics (Series)
King Conan Issue 1, 2 and 3
The Human Fly, Issue 1, 2 an 3
Moon Knight, Issue 1, 2  and 3
Sub-Mariner: Issue 1, 2
Silver Surfer, Issue 1, 2 and 3

Group 5: Marvel Comics (Special Personal Collectors Issues)
KAZAR Featuring Daredevil and X-Men, Issue 1
Thing, Issue 1
Black Panther, Issue 1
Amazing Adventures Featuring the X-Men, Issue 1
Sub-Mariner SPECIAL, Issue 2
Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider Man, Issue 2

Group 6: Marvel Comics (Random)
2001 A Space Odyssey, Issue 1
King Size Annual Fantastic Four, Issue 15 (1980)
Ghost Rider, Issue 50
Spider Man and the Fantastic Four, Issue 100
Marvel Tales Spider Man, Issue 100
Conan The Barbarian, Issue 115
The Avengers, Issue 200
The Mighty Thor, Issue 300

If you want to get a sense of what people in the market are asking for these books, you can look them up at Comic Books: Buy, Sell, Trade, Consign, Collect | MyComicShop.

Note they typically have a mix of raw books and graded books listed, and the prices are not what the books have sold for, but what the owner is asking/hoping for.

There are definitely some nice books,  depending on Era/ grade. 

DD1, FF2, SS1 if they are from the original series (60s) are worth a good bit. Others like DD2 and Black Panther 1 could be worth good money depending on grade and condition. 

Pictures would be helpful.  

Your next step would be to get an accurate grade.  If you post pictures and use are all from 60s, you should get a grade estimate and then you can use various tools to determine value... like,  ebay sold items or Mycomicshop 

The OP has listed Giant Size Fantastic Four #2, not Fantastic Four #2, Daredevil Annual #1, not Daredevil #1 and Sub-Mariner Annual #1 not Sub-Mariner #1. The New Teen Titans is an '80s series, and I would guess based on all the other books listed that the Silver Surfer books are either the '80s series or the late '70s Fantasy Masterpieces reprints. I'm not seeing anything of note on that list.

On 12/11/2023 at 6:52 AM, Pontoon said:

The OP has listed Giant Size Fantastic Four #2, not Fantastic Four #2, Daredevil Annual #1, not Daredevil #1 and Sub-Mariner Annual #1 not Sub-Mariner #1. The New Teen Titans is an '80s series, and I would guess based on all the other books listed that the Silver Surfer books are either the '80s series or the late '70s Fantasy Masterpieces reprints. I'm not seeing anything of note on that list.

Thank you! I didn't read thoroughly! 

I'm not pointing fingers, just pointing out what I saw.

Shad glossed over some details.

Probably doesn't matter anyway as this is most likely one of those ghost posters who pop up for a question and is never heard from again.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

On 12/11/2023 at 9:47 AM, shadroch said:

The only book listed that makes my nipples hard would be The Moon Knight 1.  I'm going to assume the Submariner 1 and Surfers aren't from the original run. 

Not sure what Thing 1 from 1976 might be

Sub-Mariner is in the "Marvel Comics King-Size Annual" Group, so I'm assuming it's Sub-Mariner Annual #1.

The Thing is in the same group and dates 1976, so I assume it's Marvel Two-In-One Annual #1.