• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

submitting a comic book to be graded
1 1

4 posts in this topic

hello, i want to submit my comic books for grading. But when I go thru on the submission form for a comic book, it only allows me to do a return???  It will not allow me to submitt an order for the comic book. I am doing everything correct in my eyes but having no luck. I have a free account and thinking this is why i cant submit a comic for grading. Any ideas?

On 1/2/2024 at 7:59 PM, skully58 said:

Hi, I'm new to this, so i have to be a paying member to get a few comics graded and slabbed?

there's a link in the post above yours directing to the actual CGC website.  The directions are there on how to get a book graded.  

This is the most common way to do it, although there are exceptions, however rare.  The second most common way to do it would be to submit through your local comic book store, if they are a paid CGC member (dealer/retailer).  To do it that way, contact that specific store for instructions (there may or may not be additional fees).

There are the occasional other exceptions (like submitting at a convention, or special CGC SS signing events, maybe a few other things) that might come up, which you should probably ask CGC about.

Regardless, nobody knows your own situation better for you.  If you're not satisfied after perusing the CGC website, you're probably better off contacting CGC directly with the specifics of your situation.