• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restorationists? Who's out there?
2 2

25 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2023 at 10:44 PM, Phill the Governor said:

Truly humbled by books that get sent my way, and I suppose there's no going back now.

A little shameless self-promotion. This unrestored copy was sent to me last week for tape removal and a clean & light press.

6KDpuQP1QZe524REvFrImQ_thumb_6442.jpg.6d29144b43c35e29d82c9cbff0b110fb.jpg

That's a beauty, the person who submitted it to you definitely doesn't lack understanding!

On 12/28/2023 at 10:44 PM, Phill the Governor said:

Truly humbled by books that get sent my way, and I suppose there's no going back now.

A little shameless self-promotion. This unrestored copy was sent to me last week for tape removal and a clean & lite press.

6KDpuQP1QZe524REvFrImQ_thumb_6442.jpg.6d29144b43c35e29d82c9cbff0b110fb.jpg

That's incredible! 

I've only ever seen a copy at cons and I've certainly never held a copy! 

Thanks for sharing it! 

On 12/29/2023 at 4:29 AM, KCOComics said:

That's incredible! 

I've only ever seen a copy at cons and I've certainly never held a copy! 

Thanks for sharing it! 

It was one of the last big books I had never touched raw. Past jobs gave me the experience to check most of them off my list but these were always, always slabbed.

And the irony of my previous statement, being humbled & then shameless self-promoting, isn't lost on me. Again, I'm only 33 and this is the first copy of Superman #1 that's come through my hands. Needless to say, the excitement was peak. :headbang:

On 12/31/2023 at 10:22 AM, Phill the Governor said:

It was one of the last big books I had never touched raw. Past jobs gave me the experience to check most of them off my list but these were always, always slabbed.

Incredible just to hold that piece of comic history! Do you have photos of it after the tape removal?