• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

David Ayer's THE BEEKEEPER starring Jason Statham (2024)
3 3

35 posts in this topic

It’s too soon to tell, but Paramount’s “Mean Girls” musical is virtually tied with Amazon MGM’s “The Beekeeper” for first place in this unusually close box office battle. Amazon MGM is reporting that “The Beekeeper” claimed the top spot with $7.4 million from 3,337 theaters in its third weekend of release.

David Ayer’s action thriller “The Beekeeper” has grossed $41.6 million in North America and $100 million worldwide so far. The movie, starring Jason Statham as a former operative who exacts revenge on behalf of his friend, was produced and financed by Miramax. Amazon MGM (which acquired North American rights) is only on the hook for the cost of booking the movie in domestic theaters.

Well that was fun! Predictable at times with the multiple adversaries beatdowns - but still Jason Statham action fun seeing him win out.

image.png.afb45fe17a9da63ef7b739e92bef7360.png

Glad to see it is doing well for a $34M production budget film as with current results it has done over 3.1X in revenue.

image.png.85017217172a2c2835debcd87992035a.png

On 2/2/2024 at 5:30 AM, Bosco685 said:

Well that was fun! Predictable at times with the multiple adversaries beatdowns - but still Jason Statham action fun seeing him win out.

image.png.afb45fe17a9da63ef7b739e92bef7360.png

Glad to see it is doing well for a $34M production budget film as with current results it has done over 3.1X in revenue.

image.png.85017217172a2c2835debcd87992035a.png

Amen lol

Not a lot of fluff, just straight and to the point :) 

On 2/2/2024 at 12:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amen lol

Not a lot of fluff, just straight and to the point :) 

I recently was reviewing my blu-ray and digital library. I was surprised by how many movies I have with Jason Statham. Including one of my favorites...

And one of his craziest roles ever...

I enjoyed it too.  Definitely a movie where you don't spend too much time overthinking the plot holes.  A friend suggested a movie where the Beekeeper, Equalizer and Wick have a mash-up.

@Artboy99

On 2/2/2024 at 12:37 PM, Rodey said:

I wife almost dumped me when we watched CRANK while we were dating. To this day, she refuses to even mention this movie ever existed.

Was it good? I'm not sure I've seen that one yet.

On 2/26/2024 at 4:25 PM, skypinkblu said:

Was it good? I'm not sure I've seen that one yet.

It is very strange in concept, but to me so different than a typical Jason Statham film it is fun.

And the sequel gets even weirder

Edited by Bosco685

On 2/26/2024 at 1:55 PM, piper said:

I enjoyed it too.  Definitely a movie where you don't spend too much time overthinking the plot holes.  A friend suggested a movie where the Beekeeper, Equalizer and Wick have a mash-up.

@Artboy99

Enjoyed The Beekeeper for what it was and went into it with expectations that it met.

6/10

As to my suggested mash-up; The Beekeeper vs The Equalizer vs. John Wick it would be an interesting fight!

On 1/28/2024 at 6:28 AM, skypinkblu said:

I read somewhere that it was doing well. I'm not sure about @paperheart's 52 rating, but other people I know who saw it enjoyed it. It's definitely not Hamlet;) but I thought it was a good action movie. We went on a Tuesday afternoon and there were actually people in the theatre.

I just streamed it and it was exactly what I expected and exactly what I wanted to see. It was tight and to the point. As far as action films go, it was a 9 out of 10 for me. The first John Wick was a 9.5 and the first Equalizer was a 10. They rated higher because of their extraordinary supporting cast and of course The Equalizer had Denzel Washington.