• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED —Full-Size (11x17) Production Copies: UXM/New Mutants pages 1-3; Superman/Action/Supergirl pages 3-6; Darth Vader and the Lost Command pages 6-10; The Ray pages 10-on
3 3

280 posts in this topic

5 Simple Rules (Please, please read)

:rulez:

1st :takeit: wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread.

Payment is Check or Money Order (yeah, yeah I know I'm a dinosaur, troglodyte, luddite, mennonite, hermaphrodite etc. - I just don't have or want e-payments.)

Shipping: Unlimited boxed shipping within U.S. is $15. BUT spend $100 or more and shipping is free within U.S. (Canada gets adjusted for actual; will determine a comparable level above which shipping will be free). 

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Returns: Just like with my books threads, Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime, except no returns on graded books. BUT, I may kinda look at ya funny with these, as you kind of know what you’re getting here, and it’s oddball historical artifacts to begin with.

(Kudos thread linked under my avatar.)

Edited by Readcomix

As I said at the outset of the previous production copies thread, I knew the late Marvel/DC/Dark Horse inker Dan Green, and bought a lot of material from him over the years. At some point after he had sold all his art, I bought all his production copies that were around. (Dan was no longer working.)

This is the second of two threads in which I am sharing them. The first one featured what I think are production proofs for corrections, as they were 8-1/2x11 copies of inked pages being sent to the inker. 

In this thread, I will offer the copies that are OA-sized, on 11x17 paper. Many of these are copies of uninked pencils (DC and Dark Horse Star Wars), probably as references for Dan as he inked the actuals. (In some cases, I guess he could have used them to ink from a lightbox, if the penciler was intent on keeping uninked pencils.)

Anyway, that’s what this thread will be, why I have them, and why I’m sharing them. They are neat artifacts of the production process.