• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

...and now, for something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. A vintage MICRONAUTS page. For FREE to the Right Person.

2 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2023 at 12:43 PM, thethedew said:

...from my writeup on CAF:

I've owned this page for a few years now. It's the right-hand page to a long-separated Double Page Spread from MICRONAUTS 57 (1983) by Butch Guice and Kelley Jones.
Missing pages from DPS's occur from time to time, and, in my mildly OCD-addled collector's mind, are pretty maddening. Fortunately, the MICRONAUTS are not present on this DPS, so the priority has always been low.

The DPS likely was distributed intact to Guice, judging by the remnants of tape on the reverse, as well as the pricing note (twice the price of a similar 'single' page from the issue, written in the same handwriting. Kelley Jones has not sold any of his MICRONAUTS originals, to my knowledge, so it must have been Butch). How or why this page got separated from its mate I don't know, but it seems likely they were sold intact.

Looking at the content of the page, unless you're familiar with the issue, it might not be immediately obvious it's part of a DPS. Only one panel (on the top) is really affected.

Bottom line: I'm not married to this page, despite it being part of a vintage storyline. While I would certainly entertain the notion of buying Page 4 should it be made available, I'm just as happy to GIVE AWAY this page FOR FREE to the collector who owns its mate.

So, yes. PAGE FIVE, FOR FREE, but only to the proven owner of of PAGE FOUR. I'll even pay shipping to get it to them.

micros57pg5.jpg

That's a pretty fantastic offer!