• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tier selection question
1 1

1 post in this topic

So I have a couple of books that I'm not really sure in what tier to submit.  They're Incredible Hulk 340 and ASM 301.  Each should be a 9.6/9.8, which is where the problem lies.  There's a pretty wide range between a 9.6 and a 9.8.  The Hulk 340 range is 300/1150 (GPA 90-day average) and ASM 301 is 200/1800.  I don't mind paying the High or Unlimited rate should they grade out at 9.8, and assume CGC will charge me the appropriate tier if they are submitted at a lower tier.  I guess the real concern is making sure I'm covered in the event the books are lost or some other mishap occurs.  

Any advice on the best way to submit these?  If I submit as Modern, it seems like I'm taking a chance on the FMV replacement (assuming both could possibly be 9.8s), but if I submit at High/Unlimited and they come back as 9.6s, I've obviously been charged near the individual FMV in pressing, grading & postage costs.