• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alternative Shipping & Packing Materials Vendor?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

HI,

I am new to CGC and it looks like they are sold out of all of the shipping and packing material that they recommend using for shipping comics in to be graded.  Does anyone have another vendor or online store that they recommend purchasing materials from?

Thanks

On 1/3/2024 at 1:25 PM, Vannimal said:

HI,

I am new to CGC and it looks like they are sold out of all of the shipping and packing material that they recommend using for shipping comics in to be graded.  Does anyone have another vendor or online store that they recommend purchasing materials from?

Thanks

You can buy mailers which are made by Gemini and BCW. I think you can even find them on Amazon. 

With that said, I've never used a mailer unless I was recycling one shipped to me. 

You can wrap then yourself using two stiff pieces of card board.  Mycomicshop.com has directions on how to pack comics, but here is my general advice. 

1) Bag and board the comics.  - tape the bags closed. 

2) get two thick / sturdy pieces of cardboard that are approximately 1" wider than the bagged and boarded comic on all sides. 

3) tape the bagged comics to one piece of the cardboard using Painters tape. 

4) "sandwich" the comics with the other piece of cardboard 

5) using painters tape, tape the sandwich together.   

6) wrap it all in bubble wrap.  You want it to be really cushioned,  so be pretty liberal with it. 

7) put your bubble wrapped tomb in a box. I generally use USPS shipping boxes.  Make sure the tomb can't move around much. If it can,  pack in packaging materials (peanuts, bubble wrap, newspaper), on all sides.  

Use your best judgment,  be overly cautious and insurance isn't a bad idea. If not through usps, private insurance works. 

Good luck.