• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Tyson first Sports Illustrated; Grade?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I'm new to magazine grading; could I get your guys opinion on this Mike Tyson first SI.

It does not have any wrinkles, they are from the plastic sleeve.

The spine is tight.

I think it's in fantastic shape in comparing it the the very few high grade copies on eBay.

I would any appreciate your feedback 

Thank you

IMG_20240104_044744653~2.jpg

Edited by mrbulldog
spelling

If you dig around the forums, there's a "hey buddy can you spare a grade" area where people post copies of their books and ask random strangers for their grading opinions.  Dig around a bit you'll find it.

You can post pictures there and solicit opinions.

If you end up doing that, I suggest you take the book out of the bag and take pictures of front and back covers, with a few different angles and maybe closeups of the spine and some of the more questionable corners.  You're asking for free help about the condition of a potentially expensive collectible, you should try to help them help you.

Magazines can be tough because you probably need to go through the interior to check condition of pages (unless you're the original owner and are sure its untouched/pristine), but magazine pages can be delicate and easy to damage.

I'd probably wear gloves while handling the book, as oils are a real threat.