• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hugh Jackman Wolverine original art

5 posts in this topic

Hi, a contact of ours has this original art page I believe signed by Hugh Jackman. There’s a print of the color image with it. I can’t find this anywhere. I don’t know if it was an unpublished piece or maybe used for advertisement for a movie etc.. The art page appears to be an original. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_1836.jpeg

IMG_1837.png

I'm guessing that "cover" print is some kind of mockup.  I mean a 60cent cover price comic is well before any X-Men movie.  Maybe try contacting Joe Quesada or Danny Miki directly for more info ??

60cent Cover price was the price when the 1982 Wolverine Mini Series was published. Note that the cover says a "Marvel Comics Limited Series". My guess is that the lettering was lifted from one of those comics

My first thought is some sort of limited run/limited distribution thing for a charity fundraiser or something. Asking artists/reps if possible is best bet, I’d guess. 
I’m thinking of that Superman comic done for some kid’s bar mitzvah or some such, the personalized, custom one that pops up once in a while.