• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC international shipping
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I can't see why they wouldn't. But ask in the "ask CGC thread".

Alternatively, there's at least one Australian rep who handles CGC submissions, and who might offer better shipping rates because of bulk. https://www.ozcomix.com.au/cgc-grading-serivices

Caveat: I have never used the service.

Maybe some Australian boardies who slab books could chime in. @Beige?

On 1/7/2024 at 9:46 PM, AJD said:

I can't see why they wouldn't. But ask in the "ask CGC thread".

Alternatively, there's at least one Australian rep who handles CGC submissions, and who might offer better shipping rates because of bulk. https://www.ozcomix.com.au/cgc-grading-serivices

Caveat: I have never used the service.

Maybe some Australian boardies who slab books could chime in. @Beige?

I just sold some to Australia. You  sell the comic or whatever, International buyer pays the  shipping fee, CGC creates the label, you ship normally. Nothing to it. No extra cost to you. Easy as pie!

On 1/8/2024 at 10:24 AM, Darthvader23 said:

Hey all again, I've got dozens of comics I'd love to be graded, and just need to confirm - Doses CGC ship they're graded comics to Australia?

Yes - but it's a terrible way to do it.

They use very expensive shipping, and the full amount is declared on the Customs invoice - plus shipping, so you get 10% GST on the WHOLE total.

IMHO - it would be much better for you to spend some time on here, build a relationship with a respectable USA presser and / or submitter, and use them as a middleman.

Obviously there are ways around GST - undervaluing is one that works, but it's 100% on you to absorb the loss if the slabs get lost or damaged at the reduced declared value. Not recommended, and illegal tbh.

The best is to build a relationship on here with some boardies who press and sub internationally - there are legal ways around GST if you use a person who is registered as a person who's services 'conserve' your comics. 

It's up to you to make those relationships.

Good luck!