• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this Book Look Strange to You?

53 posts in this topic

I don't see where you're getting the "small" size comic from. The first of my slabs I looked at, if I line up the book with the beginning of the "9", it ends at the same point on the CGC hologram as the Xmen scan.

confused-smiley-013.gif

DSC02471.jpg

Of course, I have a magic camera too.

By the way, does anyone want to buy my CGC 9.4 #150?

you mean the #150 that says #238 on the holder????

now here's a potential scam fer shure.............. devil.gif

Damn...I better leave scamming to the pros. juggle.gif

"He's way too smart to think that comic looks like it's in a magazine slab. It doesn't remotely look like it is in a magazine slab. "

Sorry Joe. I don't buy overpriced miswraps.

I do agree Dungeon is a slope brow though. 27_laughing.gif

mad.gif He never said i was a slope brow, asssmouth. Sheesh.

Dungeon what is a SLOPE BROW. And i see JC disappeared after causing this ruckous and won't post his pictures given JC's high pedigree on these forums. Very suspect.

And i see JC disappeared after causing this ruckous and won't post his pictures given JC's high pedigree on these forums. Very suspect.

WTF are you talking about?

I started the thread, stating that the picture provided looked strange, and after being given some far better back cover scans, I just assumed it was a poorly positioned book, in a wedged-in CGC case, photographed with a $20 digital crapmera.

Why are you trying to create some bizarre conspiracy out of it? Go do some Christmas shopping or something.

"He's way too smart to think that comic looks like it's in a magazine slab. It doesn't remotely look like it is in a magazine slab. "

Sorry Joe. I don't buy overpriced miswraps.

I do agree Dungeon is a slope brow though. 27_laughing.gif

mad.gif He never said i was a slope brow, asssmouth. Sheesh.

Dungeon what is a SLOPE BROW. And i see JC disappeared after causing this ruckous and won't post his pictures given JC's high pedigree on these forums. Very suspect.

cro magnon man. Sloped brow. JC is our resident man of mystery and instigation. You can always count on him for a good arguement.

The comic is shifted over about 1/8" from where it normally rests in a slab. foreheadslap.gif

Then stop talking and get in there and buy it.

Yeah! You're not allowed to disagree and voice your opinion unless you're willing to pony up the dough and actually buy the book to back it up! So either cough up the greenbacks, or waddle off and wait a few million years for evolution to bring you up to our level.

No, it's actually a place where ugly little trolls, who create fake IDs to harass other members, go to die.

893whatthe.gif

Then why would I want to meet you there? Besides, we're way too wicked shmart to be hanging out in a place like that. What say we dump these slope brows and I'll buy you a cup o' coffee over at the "Einstein Was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person" Cafe instead?

No, it's actually a place where ugly little trolls, who create fake IDs to harass other members, go to die.

893whatthe.gif

Then why would I want to meet you there? Besides, we're way too wicked shmart to be hanging out in a place like that. What say we dump these slope brows and I'll buy you a cup o' coffee over at the "Einstein Was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person" Cafe instead?

That's pretty funny 27_laughing.gif

I've seen his books before on ebay. Most look the same way. Looks like they may be in mag size holders. For some reason he always puts a white sheet of paper behind the slab on the lower left when scanned. I don't know why, maybe something on his scanner that shows up. But I think its on the up-n-up. I don't think he'd risk his excellent rating. I've noticed he sells cracked slabs sometimes. I wonder were he's getting his slabbed books from?