• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some would kill for this.
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Im done with these stupid bags and boards... I want to be free and my comics want too! Goal of the weekend process at least 500 books, 5 per bags, 

Look at the last pic a stack of 15 books not even reach the half of my finger! ROOM START TO INCREASE, WE RE GOING TO BUY EVERY COMICS THIS WAY! 

20240113_105530.jpg.e4a32c961082e7e3adb4d93714fbcfd5.jpg20240113_104415.jpg.e85d68be72f7736c05439699a67eaaab.jpg20240113_111432.thumb.jpg.ec9f9216cbc792088fdf3d4beb8553ed.jpg

Im sure most who have clicked on this thread tought it was about a really rare book lol

Title was a bit tempting...

Edited by BA773

On 1/13/2024 at 1:59 PM, KCOComics said:

Congratulations on the new approach. 

It wouldn't work for me, but I appreciate it works for many - One of the things I really enjoy about my collection is looking at the cover art.  I love flipping through the boxes and looking at the covers. 

Personally can seems strange but at contrary these boxes of bags and board do not give me the desire of look into them...  

And i feel safety about the condition over the years because in fact a tons of books from my collection are from a seller that i know for a long time and who stored these comics like that before, its me who have put them individiually borded.

Edited by BA773

I never boarded (and bagged) absolutely all of my comics individually.  Some were just 3 to a bag, never more than that.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/13/2024 at 5:13 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I never boarded (and bagged) absolutely all of my comics individually.  Some were just 3 to a bag, never more than that.

Why are the guys so worried about put several comics or even dont use some boards (shrug) are all these things not a bit stupid? Seriously what could really happen to my books?

A guy on an other forum told me that the bags will start to stick between them about a time... i dont know how it could be bad... 

But seriously WE RE TALK ABOUT COMICS no?

On 1/13/2024 at 11:13 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I have been putting my books two per bag, back to back with a board between. Being a "run" collector, if I'm missing a book I will leave a place for it, otherwise 2-per bag for the most part.

I only has made 5 bags and realized something was not correct ... still to foldable and give too much oxygenation i tought , i need to make some real brick if i want to secure them, so i updated to 7 books per bags, this way it s just as much to can take them out when i want and also make a solid pack. :smile:

Edited by BA773

Yup, my reading box is like this - I try to keep stories that are up to five issues long in a single bag, making it easy to grab em all and read. The only books I really care to bag/board (or archive sleeve) are pricy keys in my other three small boxes.

On 1/14/2024 at 4:29 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Yup, my reading box is like this - I try to keep stories that are up to five issues long in a single bag, making it easy to grab em all and read. The only books I really care to bag/board (or archive sleeve) are pricy keys in my other three small boxes.

How longer you make this way?

Edited by BA773

On 1/14/2024 at 9:13 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking?

When you started to store this way?

On 1/14/2024 at 10:15 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Oh, it's been at least 20 years now that I've been doing this for my reader books.

How are they?:whatev:

On 1/14/2024 at 4:20 PM, BA773 said:

How are they?:whatev:

No real worse for wear, they get read from time to time and then slotted back into the box. I'm sure none of em would be breaking the 9.4 grade any longer, but that wasn't ever a worry for these books since I like flipping through em casually.