• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED]
2 2

35 posts in this topic

Time to tell some books that I haven't looked at in years to...

the-goon-star-wars.gif.719a509650810f819cbdb963ebc84035.gif

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check / money order / Zelle, though the book will be held until clearance (which is pretty much immediate with Zelle).  Payment due within 5 business days.  

Shipping (domestic):  Shipping for raws (they get heavy quick, especially with how securely I pack them):  1-5 books - $4 (USPS ground), 6-14 books - $9.50 (USPS priority flat rate envelope), 15 and above - $17 (USPS priority flat rate medium box).  USPS includes $100 insurance by default.  If needed, ping me for a quote on insurance above $100.

Shipping (international) - Please inquire first for an accurate quote. 

Returns:  Raw returns accepted if I fail to disclose something or we wildly disagree on grade(s).  Please initiate that conversation within 5 business days of receipt, and we can also try to work out an alternate solution.

On the HoS?  Probation list?  Or we have some other beef (on my ignore list, bad con interaction, etc.)?  Don't bother.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and over 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn.  And I've got a fledgling kudos thread started (link is in my profile page).

ALL BOOKS INDIVIDUALLY BAGGED AND BOARDED UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.

First :takeit:posted in the thread wins a book outright (so don't PM it to me, a thread take it wins out regardless of time stamp).  Offers always welcome.

Edited by mattn792

Starting off with a full run of Savage Wolverine, issues 1-23.  Standard releases only, no variants included.  Books have been bagged and boarded since I've owned them and read once or less.  I would not be surprised if there were a few 9.8s lurking in here.

$35

1-12.jpg

13-23.jpg

Batman 497, Bane break's Batman's back.  As is, I have this in the 9.4-9.6 range due to very slight blunting of the spine corners and three small spine tics that are only visible when angled to a light.  So with a press...maybe this could make a 9.8?

$10 (sold)

Spoiler

Front.jpg

Spoiler

Rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Vengeance of Bane, 1st print.  I peg this at a 9.4/9.6, as it currently stands - 2 spine tics on the front cover (1 color breaking), 1 on the back cover, and the reading crease is a bit more pronounced than you'd typically see on this book.  I cap it's grade potential at a 9.6.

$80

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Gambit duo -- Uncanny X-Men 266 and 267, 1st and 2nd appearances in the monthly series.
- I rate 266 as a 5.0 (with white pages) due to a few ripples that run top to bottom through both the front and back covers (might press out though).  Back cover certainly looks worse than the front.  In response to a question received, I definitely do not think these ripples are water related judging from the feel of the book (there's also no water staining to indicate moisture damage).  It's more like a "crunch" to the two covers, like the book was stored funny and for long enough that the bends were able to stick around.  You can also see it's effects on some of the interior pages, though they don't sport the same crunch look, just some mild bends.
- I rate 267 as a 9.2.

$old

Spoiler

266 front.jpg

Spoiler

266 rear.jpg

Spoiler

267 front.jpg

Spoiler

267 rear.jpg

Edited by mattn792

FF 347 - 349.  Exciting new fill-in team steps in.  Ungraded, all readers, notes as follows:

- 347:  Very Good/Fine.  Book has numerous small spine tics on the front and back covers, as well as several non-color breaking bends on both covers
- 348: Fine, though I believe with the potential to press up substantially (possibly to 9.0?).  The book has a few color breaking spine tics, mostly on the back cover, as well as a number of non-color breaking bends, also mostly on the back cover.
- 349: Very Good/Fine.  Book has numerous small spine tics, and a substantial non-color breaking crease on the lower right quadrant that runs throughout the book.  This would also likely press out if so desired.

$12

IMG_2744.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Marvel Comics Presents 117-122, Venom/Wolverine storyline.  Didn't realize how popular these had gotten until I checked eBay.  Happy to grade any or all of them if asked.  Front covers all looked great upon cursory review.

[removed]

Spoiler

IMG_3945.jpg

Edited by mattn792

On 1/16/2024 at 10:03 PM, mattn792 said:

Gambit duo -- Uncanny X-Men 266 and 267, 1st and 2nd appearances in the monthly series.
- I rate 266 as a 5.0 (with white pages) due to a few ripples that run top to bottom through both the front and back covers (might press out though).  Back cover certainly looks worse than the front.  In response to a question received, I definitely do not think these ripples are water related judging from the feel of the book (there's also no water staining to indicate moisture damage).  It's more like a "crunch" to the two covers, like the book was stored funny and for long enough that the bends were able to stick around.  You can also see it's effects on some of the interior pages, though they don't sport the same crunch look, just some mild bends.
- I rate 267 as a 9.2.

$75

266 front.jpg

266 rear.jpg

267 front.jpg

267 rear.jpg

Take it

Wolverine Battles the Incredible Hulk.  Reprints 180 & 181, also contains a bonus Wolverine vs. Hercules story.

$6 (sold by pm)

Spoiler

IMG_3201.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_3202.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Lot of 15 What If... issues (there are 6 books that are 2 to a bag/board, the rest are individually bagged/boarded).  Let's come in under $2 apiece, so...

$24

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

Edited by mattn792