• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Countdown 2007
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Im curious about this serie, the reviews are really bad but i was wondering myself if it could be worth reading just for the back up vilains origins included in each issue from 37 to 2? (i read it on wiki) it s always cool to get additional content and it could be interesting for that even if the principal story is bad. What do you think?

I read Countdown as it came out, and thought it was ok.  It wasn't as strong as 52, which I think hurt it by comparison.  It was tied to its time as a build-up to a crossover event, so it may not stand up on its own as a story today. 

On 1/26/2024 at 2:38 PM, wardevil0 said:

I read Countdown as it came out, and thought it was ok.  It wasn't as strong as 52, which I think hurt it by comparison.  It was tied to its time as a build-up to a crossover event, so it may not stand up on its own as a story today. 

Are all the vilains on the back up stories included in the principal plot? I mean is there a sens for which vilains was selected or is the choice was random and there s no real link with the Countdown? My question is also avalaible for the heroes presented in 52.

52 was a very good read throughout.

Countdown started okay but went downhill fairly quickly.  Bought all of 52 back then, started getting a bit bored with Countdown after 10 issues or so and dropped it.