• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OAX Commission Stolen or Taken by Accident
1 1

6 posts in this topic

As I’m writing this, I am at the OA Expo in Orlando. So far the event has been wonderful. I’ve reconnected with old friends, met new collectors, and viewed amazing art. I would have said that my experience was perfect, BUT…

Earlier today, I went to J.G. Jones’s table to pick up a commissioned piece of Gen 13’s Fairchild. When J.G. reached for where he thought it was, the piece was not there. He and others behind his table searched for the piece, but concluded that it was missing and someone had taken it. We all gave that person the benefit of the doubt that it was picked up accidentally, as we did not want to believe that someone would steal art at THIS show. OAX is supposed to be a celebration of our hobby and the artists who bring us so much joy. I left the table confident that the art would be returned. I came back over an hour later to find out that it had not. Very disappointing.

I’m still hopeful that the art will be returned before the show’s end tomorrow. If not, I am asking the comic art collector community to watch out for this piece if it ever surfaces. This was one of three pieces that I commissioned for this show, and I only walked away with one (thank you, Erick Grove). If anyone knows the whereabouts of this piece, please contact me and Jason at Essential Sequential. 

On a final note, although my weekend was soured a bit by this loss, I still had a great time at OAX. A HUGE shoutout to Bill and his team for putting together an event that is sure to be a staple for the comic art community. 

Fairchild.jpeg