• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this your Comic Book? CGC Shipped me the wrong Comic
3 3

22 posts in this topic

Hello All-

Did you send in an X-Men #1 for the Jim Lee, Scott Williams to sign in the November Event?

Did that comic book already have a signature from the great Chris Claremont on it?

Then you're in luck.  I have your comic book.  I already reached out to CGC to inform them that they were sending me the wrong book.  And they asked me for a picture of the comic I sent in.

Well foolish me... I didn't take a picture of the best selling comic book of all time to prove it didn't have an autograph already on it.  Though I'm not sure why anyone would try to lie and tell CGC that a book WASN'T previously autographed... but stranger things have happened right?

I'm only sad because this book had sentimental value to me more than any monetary value.  I think it was in excellent condition, but I have no idea what it would have been graded at.  But I didn't care, as it was the first comic book I bought myself.  

I have included a cropped picture from their scan they posted to my submission. please let CGC know if this is your comic and you have a photo to prove you sent it in with the signature on it.

Does anyone from CGC have any advice or insight to help me out with this?

Thanks!

Wrong Comic.jpeg

Edited by Fixer7640
clarification

This just happened to me as well, except I was on the receiving end - I submitted a 7.5 and received a 7.0 - figured it was just typical CGC handling that knocked it down until the facilitator reached out and said that someone else had my book, and CGC had tracked down the other submitters book and somehow I had it 🙄

it’s not a good look, but I will say that at least CGC was able to figure out that I had the other persons book… good luck!

Thanks Mike. 

for the record I did call, and the customer service rep said she’d get back to me after sending it up the chain as well. 
I also noticed that the book I am receiving doesn’t have the custom X-men label on it that I paid for. 
so I am not sure when the switch ending up happening.

• Administrator
On 1/30/2024 at 12:13 PM, Fixer7640 said:

Thanks Mike. 

for the record I did call, and the customer service rep said she’d get back to me after sending it up the chain as well. 
I also noticed that the book I am receiving doesn’t have the custom X-men label on it that I paid for. 
so I am not sure when the switch ending up happening.

What is your invoice number?

On 1/30/2024 at 12:14 PM, CGC Mike said:

What is your invoice number?

Is that the same as my order confirmation number? I’m not sure I see an invoice number in the email I have. 

• Administrator
On 1/30/2024 at 12:16 PM, Fixer7640 said:

Is that the same as my order confirmation number? I’m not sure I see an invoice number in the email I have. 

That should work.  

• Administrator
On 1/30/2024 at 12:29 PM, Fixer7640 said:

CGC6533997095

thank you

Could you send this book back to us?  You can do it as a mechanical error.  I guess you could just put it under wrong label info.  Be sure to write ATTN:  Matt Nelson on the box.  Please put the attn on the packing slip as well.  Also write that you received someone else's book instead of yours.  Also, can you send me the tracking number?  

I am sorry that you are having to go through all of this.  We will try to track down your book.

On 1/30/2024 at 1:22 PM, CGC Mike said:

Could you send this book back to us?  You can do it as a mechanical error.  I guess you could just put it under wrong label info.  Be sure to write ATTN:  Matt Nelson on the box.  Please put the attn on the packing slip as well.  Also write that you received someone else's book instead of yours.  Also, can you send me the tracking number?  

I am sorry that you are having to go through all of this.  We will try to track down your book.

It should be arriving to my house soon. 
what happens if you guys don’t track down my book after you guys receive this one back?

this is a first for me. And it doesn’t seem like it’s a super common problem. 

thank you for your help so far. 

• Administrator
On 1/30/2024 at 3:26 PM, Fixer7640 said:

It should be arriving to my house soon. 
what happens if you guys don’t track down my book after you guys receive this one back?

this is a first for me. And it doesn’t seem like it’s a super common problem. 

thank you for your help so far. 

If your book cannot be located, you would be paid fair market value.  I am willing to assist you in any way that I am needed.  

On 1/30/2024 at 1:22 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am doing the ME as I type this up.  Fedex delivered the book yesterday.  I should have it enroute today.

Thank you

I am 99% that is one of my 4 missing X-Men #1s that had Claremont signatures... the Claremont signature looks absolutely identical (checked against previous image I had).

The ones I got back were someone else's books, and have been sent back for ME already. The copy of that book I got back had two new signatures from Lee / Williams, did NOT have my Claremont sig though the label said it did with the date of my original Claremont signature...

I'm not sure how to get CGC to connect the dots on this, but I'll mention this thread in my email chain with them, if you're lucky the copy of this I got was yours.

pxl_20230501_212812801 (1).jpg

Edited by i8beef

On 2/9/2024 at 1:30 AM, i8beef said:

I am 99% that is one of my 4 missing X-Men #1s that had Claremont signatures... the Claremont signature looks absolutely identical (checked against previous image I had).

The ones I got back were someone else's books, and have been sent back for ME already. The copy of that book I got back had two new signatures from Lee / Williams, did NOT have my Claremont sig though the label said it did with the date of my original Claremont signature...

I'm not sure how to get CGC to connect the dots on this, but I'll mention this thread in my email chain with them, if you're lucky the copy of this I got was yours.

@CGC Mike it looks like we might have found the winner. His book in this pic looks like it’s the exact book I returned to you guys. 

think you can get the two of our books exchanged?

his should have Chris’s Signature. 
mine shouldn’t. 

and both were sent in for this event. 

I agree that it looks exactly like the book I received. 
As you can see I tagged Mike here. But I also messaged him and messaged you. 
I’d really like if you and I could get this handled by CGC. 

• Administrator

On 3/2/2024 at 3:08 PM, Fixer7640 said:

@CGC Mike it looks like we might have found the winner. His book in this pic looks like it’s the exact book I returned to you guys. 

think you can get the two of our books exchanged?

his should have Chris’s Signature. 
mine shouldn’t. 

and both were sent in for this event. 

So, we have both books?  @i8beef  Could you send me your customer id number, and the ME submission number?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes you do. Customer ID  ME submission ID 4380678, Order number CGC1791079143.

Note while this probably makes Fixer7640 whole, this is only one of the set of four messed up on my case though, so you guys are still investigating my other three apparently.

• Administrator
On 3/2/2024 at 9:41 PM, i8beef said:

Yes you do. Customer ID , ME submission ID 4380678, Order number CGC1791079143.

Note while this probably makes Fixer7640 whole, this is only one of the set of four messed up on my case though, so you guys are still investigating my other three apparently.

Thanks.  I did bring up the 3 books you are still missing.  Hopefully, we can get this all worked out.  I removed your customer id number from the thread.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:44 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thanks.  I did bring up the 3 books you are still missing.  Hopefully, we can get this all worked out.  I removed your customer id number from the thread.

Do you need anything else from me at the moment? Or you have what you need from me?